Oscar's Build

Oscar35

Hello everyone, my names Oscar. I'm a newbie to Jeeps as well as Off-Roading. However, I've always wanted a Jeep Wrangler. Since purchasing a 14 JKRU I've done some light Off-Roading. After watching a couple of the WAYALIFE films I got hooked. My interest went sky high. So I decided to start this build thread to let members see the progress of my build. Also, I would like members to help me on any questions I may have or give advice on anything. Here's a picture of how it looks today.

As of today :

EVO front and rear bolt-on COs
front and rear JE REEL 1350 DS
17"ATX Slabs 37"Nitto Trail Grapplers
EVO aluminum 1/4 bumper with stinger
EVO aluminum fascia
EVO rock sliders
EVO rock skins
EVO gussets (on the way)

In the near future :

Upgrade in gears
Winch (undecided on which one to get)
PR44
ARB Lockers
EVO tire carrier

I'm sure I left some stuff out.

Oscar35

Don't know why it didn't take the pic in the original post. But, here it is.

Attachments

• 1403499758255.jpg
    1403499758255.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 102

Oscar35

Can someone help me out? I understand about just saving for a Pro 44 or a Pro 60 rather than beefing up the stock axle. What is the most common way to upgrade lockers? Both front and rear? Or just the rear?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Can someone help me out? I understand about just saving for a Pro 44 or a Pro 60 rather than beefing up the stock axle. What is the most common way to upgrade lockers? Both front and rear? Or just the rear?

what lockers? arb?

olram30

Yes. Thx Olram30

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

well, i think right now northridge has 10% off on arb with the "sizzle" code.
but i'm not a 100% sure on the rear arb for a rubicon. because of the different shaft lengths. a sport has the same length shafts. do the even make 35 spline shafts for a rubicon?
i'd just save and get them on your axles if you upgrade, complete with gears and lockers. i'm just going to run the stock ones til they die.

Oscar35

but i'm not a 100% sure on the rear arb for a rubicon. because of the different shaft lengths. a sport has the same length shafts. do the even make 35 spline shafts for a rubicon?
i'd just save and get them on your axles if you upgrade, complete with gears and lockers. i'm just going to run the stock ones til they die.

That sounds the smart way to go. Thx for the advice.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

The arb for the rubicons is 35 spline.

olram30

sounds weird,but i think people usually buy a sport rear axle and build it up.
any winch ideas yet?

sean.m.adams33

Thinking of the Power Plant. Any recommendations?

Id say power plant. I had a warn cti-s on my other rig. Never had to use it but it was nice. I've seen a lot of guys with the power plant air their tires up and it was very impressive. It was better than my ARB twin compressor. That sold me and is why I'm gonna get it for my new rig.

Top Bottom