Opinion Needed wave from Arizona

Donny

Hello everyone,

The wife and I are looking to buy a JK and need a little advise...We will be looking to explore AZ and the surrounding states but have NO idea which level of JK is best to start with? Of course the dealerships say buy a New Rubicon or the New "Moab" special edition. SHOULD I?

How much more needs to be done to them?

Is it better to buy a used JK and start modding it as we gain experience? or bite the bullet and buy new?:crazyeyes:

ANY HELP would be great!:thumb:

Donny
Phoenix, AZ

Robar

The Enforcer
Hello Donny. :standing wave: It really depends on what you will be doing and where you want to go. If you want a ready out of the box JK a Rubicon is a pretty good choice, but if you don't need lockers right away then one of the other models will get you by. You can do a lot of wheeling in a Rubicon or even a Sport, with better tires, but it depends on how much you want to modify in the future.

gouacats

Wave at you from Tucson. If it helps, I drive a lightly modified 2008 X. It gets me everywhere I want to go in AZ, Moab, etc. Similar to what was said above - Any Jeep with a good set of tires is surprisingly capable. I still am surprised at what my Jeep can do and do easily.

That being said - Would I like a Rubicon? I sure wouldn't turn one down...it all depends on your budget.

Donny

Thanks for the feedback!!! :beer: We will probably go with the 2013 X sport with the 24c package and start modding it as we go!:rock:

The BIGGEST problem will be which color!!!! Gecko---Crush---Dozer!!! :eek:

Donny

Robar

The Enforcer
Thanks for the feedback!!! :beer: We will probably go with the 2013 X sport with the 24c package and start modding it as we go!:rock:

The BIGGEST problem will be which color!!!! Gecko---Crush---Dozer!!! :eek:

Donny
That will be a tough decision. All three of those colors are cool.

Top Bottom