OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

Bear_JT

Hooked
I was looking at the flashcal and it’s priced at $200. I’m looking to put in an air intake, suspension and possible exhaust. Right now I just switched to 33s and need to adjust the tire size. I was told with the flashcal you have to have your computer in your Jeep shipped out to be unlocked. Is there a huge difference from the app and the flashcal to make it worth paying the $200?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You don’t need to ship your computer out to be unlocked. I have the flashpaq which does the same as the flashcal but includes different programs rather than just calibration features for tire, gear, code scan... my Flashpaq works just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Turbo21

So I finally had a few minutes to play around

I used my flashcal to reset to stock and only used jscan to change my gear ratio.

Still have the same issue of going up a hill and it holds til about 6k rpm before shifting from 2nd-3rd. If on a flat road it shifts just fine. I see there are a ton of people that either have this issue or they don’t and no one can seem to pinpoint what the fix is.
Guess I’ll just continue to use the auto stick to force the shift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharlesC

I used my flashcal to reset to stock and only used jscan to change my gear ratio.

Still have the same issue of going up a hill and it holds til about 6k rpm before shifting from 2nd-3rd. If on a flat road it shifts just fine. I see there are a ton of people that either have this issue or they don’t and no one can seem to pinpoint what the fix is.

Maybe try adjusting your tire size + - by small increments and see if that makes a difference. Not for sure if you have tried this already or not, but worth a shot.

Turbo21

Maybe try adjusting your tire size + - by small increments and see if that makes a difference. Not for sure if you have tried this already or not, but worth a shot.

That was one of the first things I tried. Even as far as back to stock size. It changes slightly. But then it throws the speedometer way off

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
Same outcome for me. I just force it to shift as well.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
No, I bought it used with 89k miles on it last year. There dealership I got it from said they took care of all recalls before I got it. Don't know it's that includes any tsb.
Did you ever take your to the dealer to have the flash for shifting issues on the auto. A guy who works for me used to be a Jeep tech and remembered a tsb about it

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Turbo21

Did you ever take your to the dealer to have the flash for shifting issues on the auto. A guy who works for me used to be a Jeep tech and remembered a tsb about it

I wonder if this why some people have the issues and some don’t. Almost seems like a 50/50 split

sm31

Feeling a little bone-headed here (a normal thing for me)...

I am attempting to set the fog lights to stay on when brights are engaged but I can't seem to find where to do that. I already have the fogs set to DRL's, so I know where the light settings are. Just haven't found where to make that particular change. I've read discussion of it but could someone describe how they did it? Thank you!!

rubiDave

Feeling a little bone-headed here (a normal thing for me)...

I am attempting to set the fog lights to stay on when brights are engaged but I can't seem to find where to do that. I already have the fogs set to DRL's, so I know where the light settings are. Just haven't found where to make that particular change. I've read discussion of it but could someone describe how they did it? Thank you!!
Adaptations->Vehicle User Settings->Front Fog Light Dropout Disable 20191227_144035.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Jscan has now added support for the JL/JT platform vehicles! These vehicles will require a network security bypass cable to enable writing to the ECU and clearing codes. The cable is not needed to read codes. More info is available with in the App for interested parties.

Screen Shot of iOS version 5.5:

Adjustments.jpg

Bypass cable (Chrysler 12+8) which will cost $13 to $83 depending on where you order from:

IMG_0295.jpg

I’m still a couple years out from buying my own JL, but still interested to hear how this works as compared to the $300+ Tazer.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I also have this on my phone and re geared my Jeep to my new tire size. It works pretty good and gives me everything I need to know. I still need to re gear my Jeep of course but was a little hesitant of if an app from my phone could really work like the expensive ones.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

splitskull

how does this work? If I sell my JK and buy another JK, do I need to buy a new license? Or can use the same if I reset it?
I dont seem to find anything in FAQ.

Also, the adapter itself stores some settings on it? or is VIN locked? Or I can use the same adapter on multiple jeep. (Yes I have 3 Jeeps atm)

Top Bottom