Northridge4x4 - REMOVED AS A VENDOR

stangbuster

Yes Eddie makes great videos, in fact he can't make enough videos fast enough to keep our jeep video addictions subdued. "Not enough time in the day" so they say...

I feel there is Much More going on in this whole situation than we can realize. I would bet that there has recently been some kind of conflict, business or otherwise, between the decision makers within the multiple parties this situation really involves. This surely isn't just Dave over at NR4x4 making a decision off the cuff to produce and post this video.

For real though, theres more to this situation or Eddie would be posting to this thread I believe.

Anyway enough rambling...
I for one am ok with the video itself, it gives me more jeep videos to watch. Selfish, yes.
But Jeep or otherwise, the format of a narrators commentary and music over-layed onto a bunch of awesomely filmed, cut and arranged video clips, isn't a new film/video format. Eddie and Cindy just do it better than most people so their films/videos are looked to as the "Golden Standard" that all jeep video productions aspire to be.

Keep up the good work making awesome videos Eddie!!! We're all waiting for the next one to come out, like always.

mds22

Northridge4x4

That's kind of the point. When Microsoft started doing ads on white to copy apple, everyone thought, "that's lame." Apple didn't have to do anything..

They also didn't do business with Microsoft or allow Microsoft to advertise on Apple sites. You are really showing your ignorance

Last edited:

Bradlybob

So a paying advertiser and vendor cant post a video advertising the parts they sell and fun they are having on a run? I honestly thought the video had more of a "expedition Overland" feel to it vs. a Wayalife film.

I was thinking the same thing, totally sounds like an Expedition Overland video, not a WOL vid.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I was thinking the same thing, totally sounds like an Expedition Overland video, not a WOL vid.

Welcome to Wayalife.

Seems like some of you are completely missing the point. The quality and style of the videos is largely irrelevant. What is relevant, however, is that a retailer is now making videos through a "professional" crew, and is pimping those videos on this site.

As a friend of mine recently said, it's like renting a room in your buddy's house and fucking his wife while you are there.

stangbuster

Welcome to Wayalife.

Seems like some of you are completely missing the point. The quality and style of the videos is largely irrelevant. What is relevant, however, is that a retailer is now making videos through a "professional" crew, and is pimping those videos on this site.

As a friend of mine recently said, it's like renting a room in your buddy's house and fucking his wife while you are there.

More Videos In General=More Clicks=More Money for Everyone.

For an experiment go to the video in question on Youtube and see how many Wayalife videos are being promoted to the right side of the screen as your suggested videos. I counted 3 the first time I looked. Seems like the situation would be mutually beneficial.

If I'm missing something Please let me know, but it would seem as though this is personal in some way...

Trail JK

Smelling your own farts was intended as an metaphor. Preaching to the choir. Ridiculing any ideas or opinions that differ from your own etc.

So in summary: I understand why Eddie revoked their sponsorship. But in the world of fortune 50 branding, over reacting to lame copy cats usually does more harm than ignoring them.

Wayalife/project jk is a wealth of Jeep knowledge but has a tendency to find drama (Chrysler, teraflex, AEV, NR).

I'd guess there is a large segment of the internet that also likes jeeps but isn't particularly interested in a hazing user experience that rivals a YouTube comments thread. If the forum and content is actually his business, you'd think he'd be more interested in eliminating the hostile culture of the forum than lame copy cat videos.

But I know ideas that challenge your existing ideas are scary. So I'll leave y'all to it.

View attachment 174146

When I said, thanks for your valuable input though it was a metaphor for a parting handshake.

And when I thought you left it already started smelling better in here.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447829008.547986.jpg .

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Northridge4x4

More Videos In General=More Clicks=More Money for Everyone.

For an experiment go to the video in question on Youtube and see how many Wayalife videos are being promoted to the right side of the screen as your suggested videos. I counted 3 the first time I looked. Seems like the situation would be mutually beneficial.

If I'm missing something Please let me know, but it would seem as though this is personal in some way...

:nah: You are missing a lot but something tells me me nothing I say is going to change that fact. If you need an explanation as to why going into someone else's home and taking food off their table is wrong, then your moral compass is beyond repair.

Hot94Z28

:nah: You are missing a lot but something tells me me nothing I say is going to change that fact. If you need an explanation as to why going into someone else's home and taking food off their table is wrong, then your moral compass is beyond repair.

I might be able to put this in a phrase this dude can understand,

Northridge strait up pissed in Eddies Cheerios.

Lance628

Smelling your own farts was intended as an metaphor. Preaching to the choir. Ridiculing any ideas or opinions that differ from your own etc.

So in summary: I understand why Eddie revoked their sponsorship. But in the world of fortune 50 branding, over reacting to lame copy cats usually does more harm than ignoring them.

Wayalife/project jk is a wealth of Jeep knowledge but has a tendency to find drama (Chrysler, teraflex, AEV, NR).

I'd guess there is a large segment of the internet that also likes jeeps but isn't particularly interested in a hazing user experience that rivals a YouTube comments thread. If the forum and content is actually his business, you'd think he'd be more interested in eliminating the hostile culture of the forum than lame copy cat videos.

But I know ideas that challenge your existing ideas are scary. So I'll leave y'all to it.

View attachment 174146

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447843111.200427.jpg

thardy

Banned
I had a feeling this post was going to pull some out from under their bridge, and it didn't disappoint.

As I stated before, Eddie has made his decision and there's nothing any of us are going to say to change that. So either accept it and go about your day, or sign off and don't come back.

mds22

As I stated before, Eddie has made his decision and there's nothing any of us are going to say to change that. So either accept it and go about your day, or sign off and don't come back.

^^^^ TRUTH.
I just can't believe someone is saying it should have been (should be) handled any differently. I'm not sure what industry these people work in, but it obvious they are not in decision making roles. There is not a corporation in America that would allowed this and not have done what eddie did. I thought he acted like a stand up guy in his explanation, something most companies probably wouldn't have.

Im really not seeing the point in people pushing their opinion on this topic. When you boil it down, its Eddies ship, and if you dont like the way he sails it, get off of the fucking boat. Its nobodys business but Eddies...

TheFett

Ok after reading this post through and through I had to go watch the videos again and it took me 1sec to realize what a dick move this was by N4x4! I'm not claiming to be smarter than a 5th grader but I think I can I'm of average intelligence [emoji57]

I have bought a handful of things over the years from N4x4, and have to say the experience was a good one! But that will now be over.

When you can easily & blatantly disrespect people you are closer to and have know for FAR more years than myself, how can I feel confident you actually care or would give me sound advice!

Good job Eddie, took care of business in a Professional manner. A LOT more than can be said about N4x4!

JK LYF

Im really not seeing the point in people pushing their opinion on this topic. When you boil it down, its Eddies ship, and if you dont like the way he sails it, get off of the fucking boat. Its nobodys business but Eddies...

Well stated....Eddie has the right to do as he sees fit. Either support Eddie and this forum or sign off....

lidless07X

I didn't realize the videos were such a big part of WOL. This post actually started me watching them.

I have followed Eddie's forums since 2006. The relationship between him and NR 4X4 has been a very long one that undoubtedly was beneficial for both sides at least up until this point.

Sometimes businesses go in different directions and it becomes time to part ways. I have been in this situation several times as a business owner and it's never fun for either side because there will always be those who choose sides based on who they were already closest to and what they think they know.

I appreciate all that Eddie, Cindy, the sponsors, and members have done to promote JK ownership and experiences. I have built two JKs with NR and I am currently building another with them. I guess you could say I got all my knowledge from Eddie's forums and all my parts from NR. I will continue to support both.

I hope both parties can civil and professional to each other.

steep-n-deep

I have a hard time believing that you have followed eddies forums since 2006 and didn't realize videos were a big part of WOL????!

Top Bottom