NORCAL: High Lakes Run and Camping - May 1 - 3

Wont you have your Jeep by then?

Next weekend right? No, I mean i guess there is an ever so slight chance, but the Mercedes is still in the garage :-/ waiting on papers to be signed and I doubt it'll happen before then. On top of that now that camp is open I work down there Saturday nights.

I'm thinking about deleting my account so I don't have to look at all the trips I can't make these days! Bummed, but hope you guys have a great time!
One of these days I'll be down again...

Next weekend right? No, I mean i guess there is an ever so slight chance, but the Mercedes is still in the garage :-/ waiting on papers to be signed and I doubt it'll happen before then. On top of that now that camp is open I work down there Saturday nights.

A little off subject, but could you and Rick do a weekday day run over the summer? I thought you both have one day off. I think a lot of us have a ton of vacation time to use so we could all get together during the week.

A little off subject, but could you and Rick do a weekday day run over the summer? I thought you both have one day off. I think a lot of us have a ton of vacation time to use so we could all get together during the week.

Yeah! We can do Friday's :) we could even do thursday night at the trail head and then all day Friday.

Last edited:
Last trip you planned I had a tractor coming to my house.

This weekend I am picking up goats.

I might be a redneck.

I would love to go, but I'm afraid my ZJ doesn't meet the requirements...yet. No front recovery points or rocker protection. I have wheeled at the High Lakes before on stock suspension and tires, I'm now on 32's and four inches of long arm lift. If I do happen to be in the area on that Saturday, what CB channel should I tune into?

I would love to go, but I'm afraid my ZJ doesn't meet the requirements...yet. No front recovery points or rocker protection. I have wheeled at the High Lakes before on stock suspension and tires, I'm now on 32's and four inches of long arm lift. If I do happen to be in the area on that Saturday, what CB channel should I tune into?

If you've been there and are comfortable with the terrain (not difficult) then join. There are only a couple spots that need those items. Have you been through the staircase?

If you've been there and are comfortable with the terrain (not difficult) then join. There are only a couple spots that need those items. Have you been through the staircase?

I have only made it as far as Philbrook lake on a few day trips. I'm not sure where the staircase is, it's not listed in my California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails book. I really need to pop the cherry on this lift.

I have only made it as far as Philbrook lake on a few day trips. I'm not sure where the staircase is, it's not listed in my California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails book. I really need to pop the cherry on this lift.

Oh if you only went to philbrook you've got a lot to still see. The staircase isn't that bad but it's one of the only spots that you may catch your rockers.

Top Bottom