Noisy Fuel Injectors

Jay Ellyou

I have a 2019 JLU with a 3.6L, I have just sold my JKU 3.8L, the JLU seems a lot noisier than my 3.8L, I even took it into the dealer to check out incase I had a bad lifter, they claim its noisy injectors and its normal for a 3.6………..is it normal After 18000 Miles

WJCO

Meme King
If you're able to post a video, please do. Some vehicle's injectors are indeed noisier than others.

Jay Ellyou

Update on the noisy 3.6, so after 3 visits to the dealer and eventually permission from FCA, the dealer has opened my engine up and I have the Pentastar Tick, scored lifters cam shaft and rockers, hopefully FCA are going to sign off on replacing everything.

jpkjeep

Caught the Bug
You have me worried about my 18. I dismissed the sound after hearing many that sound similar. I wonder how much this would cost out of warranty...

Jay Ellyou

You have me worried about my 18. I dismissed the sound after hearing many that sound similar. I wonder how much this would cost out of warranty...
If you got a 2018 its still in warranty, but be prepared for a fight, mine got repaired under warranty, unfortunately FCA would only replace what was damaged at the time, the dealer had to photograph and document every cam lobe, every lifter and every rocker, the JEEP warranty decided what was getting changed, my ride sound sweet now, no more tick.

Top Bottom