No Rear Bumper?

yep evo d-ring mounts installed and frame welded....:beer::beer:
View attachment 15869View attachment 15870View attachment 15871

Is that the smittybilt oversized tire carrier? If so how's it holding up? I was thinking about getting it for a trip in the near future and was looking for someone else with one just to get an idea if I want it or not. It won't be permanent, just a temporary solution for a spare since I normally run without one

sent from my talkitty box

I'm wiring the walmart specials that you guys are using as rock lights in the same place you have your duallys and i will be wiring them to the revese lights and a bypass to turn them on with a switch also...:thumb:i will try and do a write up for it with pics this weekend..:yup:

A write up on the wiring would b cool.

Is that the smittybilt oversized tire carrier? If so how's it holding up? I was thinking about getting it for a trip in the near future and was looking for someone else with one just to get an idea if I want it or not. It won't be permanent, just a temporary solution for a spare since I normally run without one

yes it is and it works great.. it came with spacers but i took them all out and the rails i have right against the mount so the tire sits as close to the tail gate as possible and there is no movement at all.. i will pry move up t a genrite carrier in the future but for now this works great..:beer:

yes it is and it works great.. it came with spacers but i took them all out and the rails i have right against the mount so the tire sits as close to the tail gate as possible and there is no movement at all.. i will pry move up t a genrite carrier in the future but for now this works great..:beer:

Cool, that's what I like to hear :beer: will just be for a trip like I said, and will move on to a swing out carrier later. Just don't want to be caught 3000 miles from home with no spare :D

Haha!! Thanks Frank! Doesn't look like they have for the 2013 yet. Are there any major differences b/t the '12 and '13 that would prevent it from fitting the same that you know of?

I would call them directly to be sure but I m pretty sure it would fit just the same. I think they have instructions for the 12 which would be the same as 13.

Teraflex hinge coming next week, will probably order EVO MFG d ring setup the week after.

8874087043_a6318c6836_b.jpg

Seriously considering doing this also and getting the EVO D-ring mounts. Love the utilitarian look of it and the extra rear clearance. Anyone been hassled by the cops doing this mod? I mean the old YJs came with those two little bent metal bumperettes on them. Most cars are going to hit the spare tire and my hitch before they get to my bumper.

Top Bottom