33" hankook mt's
Spidershade
6" led lightbar
(2) 2x3 leds
Led projector backup bulbs
Plastidipped front grill

What should I do next?

driveshafts or rear bumper/tire carrier

I have to disagree with shafts. Bumpers if u want but if u wheel armor should be on the list as i see none. Tranny,oil and such!

I have to disagree with shafts. Bumpers if u want but if u wheel armor should be on the list as i see none. Tranny,oil and such!

I will disagree with you then agree.

It never hurts to put a stronger set of shafts on. Help prevent a break farther down the road. Plus with having a '13 a new front shaft will be needed sooner rather than later.

That being said I agree that you should prob add an oil pan and tranny skid as well with the little lift and the smaller tires you are running.

Sent from my iPhone

With only 33's and a 2.5" lift I dont think you need drive shafts either. Protecting your jeep is what you should work on next like said above

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I will disagree with you then agree.

It never hurts to put a stronger set of shafts on. Help prevent a break farther down the road. Plus with having a '13 a new front shaft will be needed sooner rather than later.

That being said I agree that you should prob add an oil pan and tranny skid as well with the little lift and the smaller tires you are running.

Sent from my iPhone

But he only has 2.5 lift and 33z i think it would be a waste to get new shafts if its not broken stoke shafts are i think are stronger then 1310 and 1350 r over kill for 33z?

But he only has 2.5 lift and 33z i think it would be a waste to get new shafts if its not broken stoke shafts are i think are stronger then 1310 and 1350 r over kill for 33z?

Oh yea I know they are overkill and if it ain't broke don't fix it. My point was that it never hurts to upgrade them. Yes the op should prob do armor first.

Sent from my iPhone

I would recommend a rear bumper with a tire carrier. If you are carrying around a spare 33" the stock spare tire holder isn't meant to carry that much weight. A lot of the times it will actually crack the tailgait. If your not looking to spend that much money I know they make a mount to help strengthen and relocate the spare tire. Just my opinion.

I would recommend a rear bumper with a tire carrier. If you are carrying around a spare 33" the stock spare tire holder isn't meant to carry that much weight. A lot of the times it will actually crack the tailgait. If your not looking to spend that much money I know they make a mount to help strengthen and relocate the spare tire. Just my opinion.

Really? Since when? I have been running my 35" mud grapplers on my factory carrier for 20,000+ miles, Moochie ran his on there for 40,000+ miles, and Mel from Offroad Evolution has been running a 37" nitto with ATX slabs for 18,000+ miles and even ran the JKX like that.

But if you want to spend money on a carrier just to run a 33" tire, which I might add is one 1" bigger then a factory rubicon tire, feel free.

This is incorrect. Just as Overlander said, I ran my 35" on my factory gate for over a year combined (past and current JK) all that is needed is extended tailgate bumpstops like the ones Daystar makes for like $15.

Really? Since when? I have been running my 35" mud grapplers on my factory carrier for 20,000+ miles, Moochie ran his on there for 40,000+ miles, and Mel from Offroad Evolution has been running a 37" nitto with ATX slabs for 18,000+ miles and even ran the JKX like that.

But if you want to spend money on a carrier just to run a 33" tire, which I might add is one 1" bigger then a factory rubicon tire, feel free.

Do some research and look around... I have found plenty of people online saying that when putting a larger than stock tire on the stock carrier, that they have noticed wrinkles and even cracks in the sheet metal along the hinges... It's not my decision, I'd rather pay the extra money for a bumper and tire carrier (which is extra protection for off-roading as well) then risk messing up my tailgate and having to dish out the money for a MOPAR replacement. Just my thoughts.

Do some research and look around... I have found plenty of people online saying that when putting a larger than stock tire on the stock carrier, that they have noticed wrinkles and even cracks in the sheet metal along the hinges... It's not my decision, I'd rather pay the extra money for a bumper and tire carrier (which is extra protection for off-roading as well) then risk messing up my tailgate and having to dish out the money for a MOPAR replacement. Just my thoughts.

Do you think the stork just dropped us off? You're not going to win this debate here.

Last edited:
Do you think the stork just dropped us off? You're not going to win this debate here.

I'm not trying to pick any fights here... I'm just saying that people have said it has happened and it may not happen to every one but all it takes is one... Just trying to help out a fellow jeeper that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:
:doh:this again?????? are there bets on if he is going to pop off and say the TF tire carrier is the best and it only fails due to installer error?:thinking:

I'm not trying to pick any fights here... I'm just saying that people have said it has happened and it may not happen to every one but all it takes is one... Just trying to help out a fellow jeeper that's all.

Yeah and the Terra Flex tire carrier is the best solution:what::rolleyes: I ran a 35" toyo on my stock carrier for about 8000 miles with no issues as well. The jk gate and hinges are alot stronger than the older jeeps.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Last edited:
Top Bottom