Dallas_6o4

Hi guys, ok first off I’d like to say thanks for having a forum like this as I will for sure be checking in from time to time with ALOT of questions. As you know from the subject line I’m a newbie to Jeep Life, coming from the line of street cars from Toyota, Honda and then to VW, I felt it was time to delve into the life I’ve always been aching to have, the love of outdoors, camping, trails, etc…..and to do that my love for Jeeps has always been dormant, till now. Currently owning a 2024 Jeep Willys, a lot of the “stock” parts I’ve been told is exactly that of the Rubicon, minus the front lockers. Everything else is pretty much the same(oh and there’s the interior upgrades, but that’s for another topic). Today I’d like to ask, for someone as new as myself, apart from the usual aesthetic upgrades, I’d like to know which brake pads do you prefer that gives great performance braking but less of the brake dust. I’ve heard StopTech are the go to brand, but do they make them for Jeeps? Also steering play looseness issues, since I’ve only owned a 2024, have Jeep fixed this issue from prior steering wobble(I feel mine is loose compared to my independent steering suspensions from past which I understand is different set up), but I’d like to know if Jeep fixed this issue and if there’s an upgradable part(ex: Fox ATS), for this. Not much yet that I know what to ask, these were the only ones that came to mind as I don’t like brake dust, but especially I’d like to also keep the stopping power. Thank you guys in advance, hope to have more discussions here. 🙏

Factory pads work well and the steering looseness was probably from the older steering boxes and those are no longer used I don’t think.

Welcome to wayalife

Welcome, I use Wagner OEx brake pads, great stopping power. very little dust.

Steering feels loose or wanders and you're constantly adjusting?

Welcome, I use Wagner OEx brake pads, great stopping power. very little dust.

Steering feels loose or wanders and you're constantly adjusting?
No, it’s just more of “is this how it’s suppose to feel” compared to my usual independent suspensions from VW days

No, it’s just more of “is this how it’s suppose to feel” compared to my usual independent suspensions from VW days
Wrangler steering takes some getting used to. Part of it is mental since the feedback loop time for other cars is wrong for the Jeep.

The first thing to check is if your tires are over inflated to meet the EPA fuel economy spec rather than for comfortable driving.

And welcome from Texas (and Arizona)!

It is, the electro-hydraulic power steering system takes a little getting used to and definitely unlike the feedback you would get like from VW or other vehicles prior.
The steering on my 2018 feels much different than that of the 2015; as my daughter puts it, the steering is too fast on the 2018.

Top Bottom