Newbie Pleading for help or a nudge in the right direction.

Donny

t.l.harris

Rockers

Ya I think they look great. I just want to make sure noone has experienced them smacking into their jeeps. The LOD look pretty good to!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Gearing question then----- It seems like I need to regear for optimum performance if I go to 35's. Am I reading the table in the newbie FAQ area correctly? Chart says 4.88 and that would still get me into 37's later.

Donny

it you're just gonna run 35's, i might try it out with what you have before you decide to regear. i mean, if you can afford it, yeah, going to a set of 4.88 would be ideal but, so long as you calibrate your speedo, i think you might find that the power loss isn't too bad with 3.73's.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ya I think they look great. I just want to make sure noone has experienced them smacking into their jeeps. The LOD look pretty good to!

i've run the lod and run evo's now and they've done well for me. the frame rails are flexible and i've had the lod's lightly tag the bottom of the rocker panel after a really big hit but, not enough to really cause anything more than a slight line across it. once off the obstacle, the rocker guard returned back to its original state. i wouldn't hesitate to run them again. i have never seen my evo's smack the rocker panels.

Donny

Thanks Eddie!! That sounds like a plan.

I called discount tire and inquired about 35's for my stock rims and they won’t do it because the rim is 7.5 wide and most of the manufactures say 8.5-10.5 for most of the tires I asked about.

Anyone have any suggestions on 35” tires that will fit my stockers? Or should I wait and buy rims.

Donny

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie!! That sounds like a plan.

I called discount tire and inquired about 35's for my stock rims and they won’t do it because the rim is 7.5 wide and most of the manufactures say 8.5-10.5 for most of the tires I asked about.

Anyone have any suggestions on 35” tires that will fit my stockers? Or should I wait and buy rims.

Donny

that's just crazy, you can totally run a 35x12.50 on a 7.5" factory wheel and i have done it. you will need to run 1.5" wheel spacers to make it work but, that's about it. if anything, 10.5" wheels are way too wide and terrible for wheeling. you may need to go to another discount tire or just get the tire mounted elsewhere. if you can afford new wheels, i would recommend that you get between an 8"-9" wheel max. well, unless you're getting bead locks and then it doesn't really matter or, not as much anyway.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Roger That!!! I will call around town tomorrow and find someone who will do it.

Donny

honestly, i might not ask if it'll be a problem to do as that will alert the shop in question that there might be a problem and say no by default.

Donny

Point taken...."Here is my greenbacks install them" will be the tack I will take:cool:

BEWARE THE DON FOR HE WANTS HIS 35SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:rock: (think I can't drive 55 tune when reading)

Donny

Top Bottom