NEW TOW RIG TIRES - Cooper Discoverer AT3XLT All-Terrains

John82601

This is awesome timing. I am really curious how these will handle in the snow. The Michelins that came on our F250 absolutely SUCK! Seriously, these things are worthless anytime there is precip on the road. They are quiet but that's about the only thing nice I can say about them. I'm quietly hoping I run over something (at low speed!) that ruins two of them so I can get a good set before winter.

I run the original AT3's on my personal truck and our company trucks. They're great in the snow (fluffy and hard-pack) but if you need the next level of snow traction and can sacrifice a bit of tread life (50k vs 60k), look at Cooper's A/TW. It's the winter variant but it's not a traditional "snow tire". Excellent all-around'er for those of us that get long winters.

Discount Tire

Thank you for the excellent review of the Cooper Discoverer AT3XLT tires. They look great on your tow rig. :rock: We look forward to your long-term review.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I’ve been running these on my pickup, for about a month. So far they have been great. They seem to have great traction in wet conditions, they are pretty quiet, and seem to ride better than my old tires.

I have not seen an improvement in fuel mileage, but that is because I bought 275/65R20, instead of 275/60R20. I didn’t really go to what is essentially a 35 on purpose on a pickup. I just asked for the incorrect size when I called for the tire shop.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’ve been running these on my pickup, for about a month. So far they have been great. They seem to have great traction in wet conditions, they are pretty quiet, and seem to ride better than my old tires.

I have not seen an improvement in fuel mileage, but that is because I bought 275/65R20, instead of 275/60R20. I didn’t really go to what is essentially a 35 on purpose on a pickup. I just asked for the incorrect size when I called for the tire shop.

Scale wise, I’m sure the fit the truck better. Factory tires are just too small

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Scale wise, I’m sure the fit the truck better. Factory tires are just too small

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Oh yeah. It looks better, and they fit fine. They are approximately an inch larger than stock. They’ve cost me a little fuel mileage and power, even though I still have plenty of grunt out of the Hemi.

WINspeed

I put these on my 3500 Ram, 295/70/18's (Measure 34") and absolutely love them. They do really well in all conditions, even clean out well in mud. Quiet, smooth and great mileage. I've got 14k on them now and am very happy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220113-194505.png
    Screenshot_20220113-194505.png
    829.9 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom