New to the Forums & Jeeps

rubi_vette

Greetings! I purchased a new to me 2020 JLU Rubicon recently, as of 12/31. First mod I ordered was Misch 4x4 Seat brackets. As a tall male, with long a*s legs I purchased them and just installed them over the weekend. Holy crap does it make a difference for someone who is 6'2", and you lose out on a little head room depending on how far back you go, but that's fine! more leg room is must in these! The JLU is on 35s.

Currently in Western-NY, looking for off-roading trails and events to attend to! Been following WAYALIFE on Youtube for a little while watching content, and giving me hope that I can install mods myself. Currently in the decision factor of what front bumper with winch to go with, depending on my budget.

Hoping to roam around these forums and get some ideas for my build!

P.S. I also own a Corvette as well, that's my summer time pleasure!

rubi_vette

Maybe you should upgrade to a CJ-5. Very roomy. 🤣

Welcome from Texas (and Arizona)!
Back story- I looked at getting a JK back in 2018, and I fell in love with the Willys. I went back a few weeks ago to look at a 2018 JK but was like for the price, I could just spend a little more so I went on the search for a JL (solely cause of the interiors). While researching I figured out about the brackets to put the seat back further. As someone who has average build, it's all legs that cause the problem(s). I'm glad they have a solution. Apparently, I can find seat slammers to lower the seat too, that might be something I look at long term!

But I will say- these an MUST for 6'2"+!

Side note: I wish they made the seats go back further or at least made the 4x4 shifter into a electronic twist knob that way I wouldn't have to get the brackets! but it is what it is.

Discount Tire

Hello @rubi_vette

Congrats on picking up your rig, that is very exciting and we are happy to hear you are enjoying it so far.

We look forward to seeing some photos of your rig and hope you enjoy all the benefits on the site and stick around.

Top Bottom