New to the forum and Jeep'n

Mallard8767

Hi all,

I just recently bought a used 08 Unlimited X with a factory disco and rear locker. Honestly I'm pretty new to four wheeling. My last vehicle was a 97 Ranger with 2WD and a 4-cylinder. I loved that truck but was SO TIRED of getting stuck or not being able to go further on a trail. I looked at a few 4WD trucks but once I drove a jeep, I knew what I wanted.

I've had my new toy out in the snow a few times but other than that nothing too treacherous. Even in ~1 foot of powder I can tell I'm going to need better tires and a lift to go along with it. This is my daily driver so I would like to keep the MPG's up as well as the on road drive-ability, but if I have to sacrifice a little of that for some weekend fun o well!

I live in Oregon (Portland area) but am starting to look for Portland or Vancouver based offroading clubs as I spend a lot of my time either on Mt.Hood or Larch Mountain. Let me know if any of you have good groups or know of better areas.

Looking forward to building up my jeep and expanding my knowledge.

Jonathan
Mallard8767

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Welcome Jonathan! :standing wave:

I spent most of my adult life in Oregon. I sure wish I had my jeep while I lived there. Beautiful country to get out and explore!

JKsix

Welcome to the wayalife. Im from Eugene originally but I'm out here in Colorado now.

🇺🇸MERICA🇺🇸

Top Bottom