New QuietCrawler system for the 2012+ Jeep JK Unlimited

Voidwarranty

Well, I won a Dynomax exhaust system in the Ouray Jeep Jamboree last year, that I've been procrastinating on calling on, since an exhaust was pretty low on my list of upgrades. I think it may be time to make that call and see if I can get one of these. That sounds nice. :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
Well, I won a Dynomax exhaust system in the Ouray Jeep Jamboree last year, that I've been procrastinating on calling on, since an exhaust was pretty low on my list of upgrades. I think it may be time to make that call and see if I can get one of these. That sounds nice. :thumb:

Welcome to WAL.

whispike

One more part to add
PN 52561 this is the pipe that comes off the Y-pipe and works with the front muffler the UFW SS muffler. It helps the offset/center sit under the JKU nice.
There are some 2.5" clamps too and you want to use a small piece of tubing (about a foot) between the two mufflers.

So does the whole kit include these extra parts or would I need to purchase them separately?

Placing this order today. ;)

sjd78

Dynomax, have you had any free time to get those sound clips from outside the vehicle? Thanks!

Voidwarranty

Preliminary Results

Ok, I got the QuietCrawler kit installed today. I had planned to do it yesterday, but there was an incident with my daughter and the neighbor's dog, so we spent the day at the ER. :mad: She's doing well now though.
Anyway, first impression: I like it, it sounds really nice. Definitely sounds better than I expected from a little V6. I had to cut the short piece of pipe that goes between the muffler and resonator as short as possible, to get the two to butt up against each other, and with the exhaust spacers I installed with my lift, that front section was a b**** to get on. In hind sight, I should have cut it down a bit. That would have given me a little more room for the piece between the muffler and resonator. But oh well... I have the Rock Krawler 2.5 X-Factor, which also moves the rear axle back about an inch. It was a tight fit around the axle, but it seems to clear it well enough. The only thing I'm not quite so fond of is the tip. It is right up against my stock bumper, and I also had to remove the tow hook so it wouldn't be hitting it. After my test drive, my bumper was a little melted, so I'm going to have to do something about that (not to worry, I had planned on buying a new bumper, with my tax return, lol). I may cut it short and leave the tip off, I'm not sure yet.

Here are links to a couple before and after videos, just for sound comparison. I'll get some pictures or maybe a video of the whole set up later. I kind of ran out of time today, lol.

https://youtu.be/zgp0nA6RPGs

https://youtu.be/KVBQnq3KrCg

allwhitejeeps

Ok, I got the QuietCrawler kit installed today. I had planned to do it yesterday, but there was an incident with my daughter and the neighbor's dog, so we spent the day at the ER. :mad: She's doing well now though.
Anyway, first impression: I like it, it sounds really nice. Definitely sounds better than I expected from a little V6. I had to cut the short piece of pipe that goes between the muffler and resonator as short as possible, to get the two to butt up against each other, and with the exhaust spacers I installed with my lift, that front section was a b**** to get on. In hind sight, I should have cut it down a bit. That would have given me a little more room for the piece between the muffler and resonator. But oh well... I have the Rock Krawler 2.5 X-Factor, which also moves the rear axle back about an inch. It was a tight fit around the axle, but it seems to clear it well enough. The only thing I'm not quite so fond of is the tip. It is right up against my stock bumper, and I also had to remove the tow hook so it wouldn't be hitting it. After my test drive, my bumper was a little melted, so I'm going to have to do something about that (not to worry, I had planned on buying a new bumper, with my tax return, lol). I may cut it short and leave the tip off, I'm not sure yet.

Here are links to a couple before and after videos, just for sound comparison. I'll get some pictures or maybe a video of the whole set up later. I kind of ran out of time today, lol.

https://youtu.be/zgp0nA6RPGs

https://youtu.be/KVBQnq3KrCg

Thank for this definetely liking the way it sounds :thumb::thumb:

vitodivita

Could you guys refer me to a retailer that sells this kit for the 4 door? I'm not having any luck with google today.

Thanks

Just an FYI, we put a "hold" on this for a short time, the reason being we had one person say the fit was off, I sent one to our partners over at PSC steering on their Moab build for fitment. I should know more today hopefully, if not today next week when I am out in Moab.
Thanks for the understanding all
Matt

No luck with amazon tried the part number…but found it on Morris 4x4 for $400 for JKU.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just an FYI, we put a "hold" on this for a short time, the reason being we had one person say the fit was off, I sent one to our partners over at PSC steering on their Moab build for fitment. I should know more today hopefully, if not today next week when I am out in Moab.
Thanks for the understanding all
Matt

Thanks for the update Matt!

Top Bottom