NEW GLADIATOR Truck Bed Antenna / Light Mount

kevman65

Hooked
And as an afterthought, to gain more room, use a button head bolt inverted from the installation shown in the picture. To protect the threads pointing up now, get a stainless steel acorn nut to go over the top of the nylok nut.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And as an afterthought, to gain more room, use a button head bolt inverted from the installation shown in the picture. To protect the threads pointing up now, get a stainless steel acorn nut to go over the top of the nylok nut.
If you're referring to the bolt securing the NMO adapter, the bolt provided is long because it's designed to be mounted on a Mopar reinforced tire carrier. That thing is thick. But yes, a button head inverted would get the job done too.

Thanks for the feedback 👍

upnover

Just out of curiosity, will that work for your setup?
I need to measure later tonight. I have the pace edwards switch blade that retracts, has a little hump to it, but I think it will be fine. I may use it to place amber rear lights on it, instead of a whip. I dont have rack but thinking i can angle them down and to the sides.

mtudb24

For those of you who own a Jeep JT Gladiator, without a bed rack and have been wanting a clean way to install an antenna mount for something like a CB Radio, HAM Radio, GMRS or Race Radio, this is something you might be interested in. Designed to be installed on the bulkhead of the truck bed on either the passenger side or driver side, this new mount is made out of 3/16" stainless steel for optimal performance, comes with stainless steel hardware, installs in minutes using basic tool and best of all, it can be used with a factory tonneau cover. Here are some shots of what it looks like installed and with the optional adapter bolted on to allow for the use of an NMO style radio antenna.

20230104174215-00405e81.jpg

20230104174212-6b388766.jpg

20230104174206-8d280de9.jpg

I should note that this particular design will only work on 2021-Up Gladiators but I am working on a version that will on 2020 as well. Also, while it can be used with a tall and heavy Firestik II type antenna, you will see movement in the mount due to the height designed into it to help clear a tonneau top. If this is a concern of yours, I would recommend using a Firefly type antenna or something more traditional like what you see in the pics above. As far as price point goes, I am still working on it now but it is my hope to keep it in the mid $30 range.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, I hope to have these available for sale before the end of the month. :cool:
Nice product. Looks clean.

Are you saying 2021 and up because of the possibility of not having a weld nuts? I know my tonneau cover uses a bracket with weldnuts on the back side (Cab side called the bulkhead bracket)) to secure the bolts coming though so not sure this mount would work that set up. I know extang and rugged ridge covers uses these brackets. I'll attach a pick below.
1674093071677.png

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice product. Looks clean.

Are you saying 2021 and up because of the possibility of not having a weld nuts? I know my tonneau cover uses a bracket with weldnuts on the back side (Cab side called the bulkhead bracket)) to secure the bolts coming though so not sure this mount would work that set up. I know extang and rugged ridge covers uses these brackets. I'll attach a pick below.
View attachment 384045
Correct. 2020 Gladiators have a nutsert installed on the lower of the 2 holes shown in the pic you included. 2021-up Gladiators do not. I do have plans to make a bracket that will work with 2020 but it would only use the upper bolt hole. Looking at step #3, I am willing to bet that you could use this antenna mount to do the same thing as the bulkhead bracket shown.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Based on the recent post made by mtudb24, I decided to see whether or not my JT antenna mount could be used with something like a KC Flex LED Light Single. That said, here's what it would look like...
20230120133040-90dd1c07.jpg

20230120133034-4bcc5dad.jpg

20230120133022-01e5fadf.jpg

20230120133025-2a63399c.jpg

Needless to say, I really like it and will be keeping the setup! Thanks for the idea 😁

mtudb24

Based on the recent post made by mtudb24, I decided to see whether or not my JT antenna mount could be used with something like a KC Flex LED Light Single. That said, here's what it would look like...

Needless to say, I really like it and will be keeping the setup! Thanks for the idea 😁
Looks great. Looking fwd to when these will be available. Well done!!!! Glad I could help. HAHAHHA

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Alright, as mentioned before, I wasn't happy about how much movement I was seeing in the mount, especially with something like a Firestik II attached to it. So, I made a modification to the design, added a brace and just got the final prototype in. Making it was a bit more involved and more stainless steel hardware will now come with it driving the cost up just a bit but here's a shot of what you'll now get including all the hardware.
20230121121918-e131e4c6.jpg

Here's a shot of what the mount looks like with the added brace installed.
20230121121919-25ac419b.jpg

I've installed and tested it out and quite happy with it now. I hope to put these into production and have them available for sale in about a week or two. :)

ebd.other

Hi, can you make one with two holes so I can put a flag mount on the second hole ? Will it cause the bracket to move around ?

KB180

Nice solution for a super clean install makes me wonder what else you could use those holes for? 🤔

wingman

For those of you who own a Jeep JT Gladiator, without a bed rack and have been wanting a clean way to install an antenna mount for something like a CB Radio, HAM Radio, GMRS or Race Radio, this is something you might be interested in. Designed to be installed on the bulkhead of the truck bed on either the passenger side or driver side, this new mount is made out of 3/16" stainless steel for optimal performance, comes with stainless steel hardware, installs in minutes using basic tool and best of all, it can be used with a factory tonneau cover. Here are some shots of what it looks like installed and with the optional adapter bolted on to allow for the use of an NMO style radio antenna.

I should note that this particular design will only work on 2021-Up Gladiators but I am working on a version that will on 2020 as well. Also, while it can be used with a tall and heavy Firestik II type antenna, you will see movement in the mount due to the height designed into it to help clear a tonneau top. If this is a concern of yours, I would recommend using a Firefly type antenna or something more traditional like what you see in the pics above. As far as price point goes, I am still working on it now but it is my hope to keep it in the mid $30 range.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, I hope to have these available for sale before the end of the month. :cool:

UPDATE 01/20/23
Based on the recent post made by mtudb24, I decided to see whether or not my JT antenna mount could be used with something like a KC Flex LED Light Single. That said, here's what it would look

UPDATE 01/20/23

For $30 dollars and that it is stainless I'd buy 2 of them immediately. Please send me a pm and I'll send you the monies for 2 of them. Great job, looks very clean.

Top Bottom