NEW EVO MFG Product Spy Pics

I like that rear bumper.

I got a chance to see all the gear on ChrisB's jeep this week at KOH. It's as to be expected, quality! The sliders look really nice, but I would definitely run the EVO rock skins along with the boatside sliders, they will probably catch some trail debris if they stick with the current design. If you like full width bumpers, this on is sweet.

rock sliders

is there a release date or eta on those sliders? price? i want a set, those would be a nice upgrade from my factory rubi rails!!

is there a release date or eta on those sliders? price? i want a set, those would be a nice upgrade from my factory rubi rails!!

No release date announced yet and EVO MFG was quoted as saying "You might be able to pick up one side for $300". That's referring to one slider not the set. :thumb:

If i run a rear bumper, this will be it, If not It will still be an EVO product, as I'll have the D-Ring Shakles mounted on the frame end.

I would definaltely pick up those rails, I'm wondering if they could flatten the top a bit so it could be used easier as a step (I have a wife that would need it, not that she is short, but would need a leg up...)

Guess I'll still be goin with the LoD

If you want something integrated, bumper and carrier in one, I'd check out LoD, Shrockworks, and Poison Spyder. When I was researching, those were my top picks. That being said, I love the EVO carrier I went with!

I like the concept of the sliders, but IMO EVO could benefit from doing something stylistically to better differentiate these rails from the rubi rails.

I like the concept of the sliders, but IMO EVO could benefit from doing something stylistically to better differentiate these rails from the rubi rails.

These actually aren't even close to a stock Rubicon slider in any respect. The EVO sliders are huge in comparison, can be used more as step and offer protection a rubi slider can't come close to. If you saw them in person there is no mistaking it is not a Rubi slider :thumb:

Last edited:
Yeah I could see those are beefier and more effective in all regards to the stock rubi's. I was trying to think from an unacquainted perspective. I think a significant majority of the potential buyers would be looking for something more aggressive.

Yeah I could see those are beefier and more effective in all regards to the stock rubi's. I was trying to think from an unacquainted perspective. I think a significant majority of the potential buyers would be looking for something more aggressive.

Well, EVO already makes what is the beefiest, most aggressive, indestructible slider commercially available (see photo). This newer design was to address the request for the a JK owner who wants a robust slider, but is a little less aggressive looking, more discreet ;)

Attachments

• image-2331605797.jpg
    image-2331605797.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 344
  • image-2260158523.jpg
    image-2260158523.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Well, EVO already makes what is the beefiest, most aggressive, indestructible slider commercially available (see photo). This newer design was to address the request for the a JK owner who wants a robust slider, but is a little less aggressive looking, more discreet ;)

Yeah I can see that angle of it.

I was thinking of the folks who shy away from the current sliders only because they require welding.

It seems "welding required" are the magic words to separate the men from the boys in jk land.

Yeah I can see that angle of it.

I was thinking of the folks who shy away from the current sliders only because they require welding.

It seems "welding required" are the magic words to separate the men from the boys in jk land.

Men from the boys? Or maybe the DIY-er vs paying exorbitant amounts to a weld shop... My LoD sliders work great and provide a step for the wife. I think these new sliders are made to compete specifically with those sliders.

Top Bottom