New Driveshafts?

SaltlifeJK15

so we just bought a 07 2 door JK and ordered a 4" rough country lift with 35" BFG KM2s and the guy that installed the lift highly recommended getting new front and rear driveshafts. while i was purchasing the lift, only 5" and up required them so any ideas would be great, thanks!

Prime8

2dr requires front and rear. 4dr only requires front. You will need driveshafts before you go wheeling. No one lifts wranglers over 4" anymore...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
so we just bought a 07 2 door JK and ordered a 4" rough country lift with 35" BFG KM2s and the guy that installed the lift highly recommended getting new front and rear driveshafts. while i was purchasing the lift, only 5" and up required them so any ideas would be great, thanks!

actually, on a 2-door, anything 3" or more would cause your factory shaft to fail sooner than later and, if you have an automatic with shocks made for a 3" lift or more, that would cause your factory front shaft to make contact with the tranny and skid and damage it that way. with as much lift as you now will have, i would highly recommend that you get a set of 1310 u-joint style shafts and, i personally would recommend that you get either a je reel or coast as they come standard with spicer or neapco u-joints. other popular brands require you to get them as an upgrade and really, aside from the u-joints used, a drive shaft is for the most part, a drive shaft.

Top Bottom