New Bumpers

rsbad454

Well, I ordered the Factory Hard Rock front and rear bumpers for my 15 Rubicon. Yeah I know there are cheaper/tougher etc bumpers out there, but I like the look of the factory Mopar bumpers and how they fit. I'm not a major rock crawler, but it will see some trail use here and there. I also ordered the front Mopar skid plate, winch mount and the Warn 9.5cti-s winch. I plan on getting the AEV tire carrier later as well.

Can't wait to get the Rubicon bumpers off. :thumb:

Stotch

Caught the Bug
They are good looking bumpers! I've seen some of the plastic pieces around the fog lights break, but it's usually just the fasteners. Other than that they seem pretty tough, just pricey. Good luck!

rsbad454

They are good looking bumpers! I've seen some of the plastic pieces around the fog lights break, but it's usually just the fasteners. Other than that they seem pretty tough, just pricey. Good luck!

Yeah, I agree, not cheap compared to whatever else you can get out there, but all in all, not bad for a factory setup.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Good looking bumpers for sure. Too expensive for me to buy new, but you never know what you'll find on Craigslist. Maybe someday?

rsbad454

They look nice. That's a lot of money for a stock bumper, though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, like I stated, I'm not a hard core trail runner so these will be sufficient, at least for now. There are certain features that I like in bumpers, like modular vs not, stubby vs full. These do what I need them to.:cool:
Down the road as the jeep ages, who knows....it might have 37's under it.....:thumb:

rsbad454

Good looking bumpers for sure. Too expensive for me to buy new, but you never know what you'll find on Craigslist. Maybe someday?

Yup, different strokes for different folks. I found some take offs, the price to ship and or drive to pick them up wasn't worth it (might as well buy new ). I bought these as a package deal for factory look and install. Keep looking, some will pop are a good price.

sparks

Yeah, like I stated, I'm not a hard core trail runner so these will be sufficient, at least for now. There are certain features that I like in bumpers, like modular vs not, stubby vs full. These do what I need them to.:cool:
Down the road as the jeep ages, who knows....it might have 37's under it.....:thumb:

I bought a new front HR takeoff from Craigslist and I love it. I know everyone has a different point of view on paying for stock bumper but if they make you happy, great. All of the reasons you stated are the same reasons I bought the HR

rsbad454

I bought a new front HR takeoff from Craigslist and I love it. I know everyone has a different point of view on paying for stock bumper but if they make you happy, great. All of the reasons you stated are the same reasons I bought the HR

Good deal......the take offs go quick. I too found them on Craigslist, but everyone was too far away ot sold already.

sparks

Good deal......the take offs go quick. I too found them on Craigslist, but everyone was too far away ot sold already.

I found mine within 5 mins of my house... and I live in a small suburb of Chicago so I was really lucky. We don't get a lot of goodies on CL for JKs

Top Bottom