Never ending problems.

Frydaddy

Haha this never ends. I guess I'm having some sort of circuit problems now. B1647 and B1648 REAR RIGHT TURN CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW and REAR LEFT TURN CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
I forgot the other code but it was also some high circuit code for the front fog light I believe. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OH! I saw this before on these forums somewhere! I dont remember what it was, But I recall there was in interest in grounding. All those studs with a bunch of little black wires going to them, theres a dozen all over the jeep. check em. anything rusty, or painted over, take it apart, wire brush the junk off, and slather on some dielectric grease.

10abadilla/jk

Couldn't fugue out why the circuit codes were coming up everything was good. Except for today. The passenger side blinker started blinking really fast as if a bulb was out. When I parked I checked the front blinker. It was working just fine. So I pulled the rear assembly off and the bulbs where just fine. Yet the brake light, blinker, and reverse light didn't work. No codes coming up in the system. Cycled the key a few times and the brake and blinker came back. But not the reverse light. Cycled the key a few more times and the reverse light came back. Any ideas. Nothing was wet nor damaged. I have checked all harnesses and wiring.

Last edited:

BaddestCross

Still sounds like a bad ground, pinched wire, weak battery, or computer that needs to be reset. Good luck... These kinds of problems are a bitch to track down.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

10abadilla/jk

Still sounds like a bad ground, pinched wire, weak battery, or computer that needs to be reset. Good luck... These kinds of problems are a bitch to track down.

Battery is brand new. And all the wires I checked were ok. I could have missed something along the way. But as far as what I checked everything checked out just fine. How would I reset the computer?

BaddestCross

Battery is brand new. And all the wires I checked were ok. I could have missed something along the way. But as far as what I checked everything checked out just fine. How would I reset the computer?

I believe you can take the terminals off battery for an amount of time or I've read that you take them off and touch the positive and negative cables together. Maybe someone with more experience than me can confirm.

I know you said battery is new, but it's not unheard of to have a dead cell. I'd probably have it checked just to make sure, but that's just me.

10abadilla/jk

I believe you can take the terminals off battery for an amount of time or I've read that you take them off and touch the positive and negative cables together. Maybe someone with more experience than me can confirm.

I know you said battery is new, but it's not unheard of to have a dead cell. I'd probably have it checked just to make sure, but that's just me.

Ok. Will do. I bought an optima. I'll have it checked. Thank you for that. I'll try the battery test first. Then try the reset. Thank you.

jeeeep

Hooked
Couldn't fugue out why the circuit codes were coming up everything was good. Except for today. The passenger side blinker started blinking really fast as if a bulb was out. When I parked I checked the front blinker. It was working just fine. So I pulled the rear assembly off and the bulbs where just fine. Yet the brake light, blinker, and reverse light didn't work. No codes coming up in the system. Cycled the key a few times and the brake and blinker came back. But not the reverse light. Cycled the key a few more times and the reverse light came back. Any ideas. Nothing was wet nor damaged. I have checked all harnesses and wiring.

if it's blinking fast, you have a short in a bulb or the brake switch is going.

you'll need to check your blinkers by having someone in the Jeep turn the signals with lights off and lights on so you can see when they actually flicker. also test the 4 way hazards.

check the wiring going to the side blinkers make sure they are not chaffed or cracked.

Could also be your brake switch going - mine did that off and on then the brake switch finally went and the brakes stayed on even with the Jeep turned off.

The brake switch was cheap and easy to replace.

10abadilla/jk

if it's blinking fast, you have a short in a bulb or the brake switch is going.

you'll need to check your blinkers by having someone in the Jeep turn the signals with lights off and lights on so you can see when they actually flicker. also test the 4 way hazards.

check the wiring going to the side blinkers make sure they are not chaffed or cracked.

Could also be your brake switch going - mine did that off and on then the brake switch finally went and the brakes stayed on even with the Jeep turned off.

The brake switch was cheap and easy to replace.
I'll definitely check that. Thank you for information. I just hope it's not a short somewhere I can't see or a clipped wire for that matter.

10abadilla/jk

So both rear break lights, hazards, and turn signals do not work. Front work just fine But blink fast. I am getting these code. Had the battery checked. Everything is all good. When I cycle the key. The rear lights work again shortly but then start blinking fast again. The running lights stay on. Could it be a bad break switch? Or would a bad switch throw a code? Please help. Thank you. 20170205_203757_HDR.jpg 20170205_203746_HDR.jpg

So both rear break lights, hazards, and turn signals do not work. Front work just fine But blink fast. I am getting these code. Had the battery checked. Everything is all good. When I cycle the key. The rear lights work again shortly but then start blinking fast again. The running lights stay on. Could it be a bad break switch? Or would a bad switch throw a code? Please help. Thank you. View attachment 242753 View attachment 242754

Try resetting your battery removing the negative for a few minutes?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
you could have a bad clock spring or bad combo turn signal switch, this is why I dislike all the multifunction technology in the vehicles.

if one thing goes wrong it bricks an entire switch.

have you had your clock spring fixed under the recall?

10abadilla/jk

you could have a bad clock spring or bad combo turn signal switch, this is why I dislike all the multifunction technology in the vehicles.

I have not. I have a 2012. I didn't know anything and a clockspring recall.

10abadilla/jk

If it were a clock spring wouldn't I get an air bag light? I haven't had any lights come on. No check engine light.

10abadilla/jk

If the turn signal switch was bad would the fronts still work and blink fast as if the rear bulbs were out?

jeeeep

Hooked
If it were a clock spring wouldn't I get an air bag light? I haven't had any lights come on. No check engine light.

true - you would have the airbag light on.

I'd take it to the dealer, could be the turn combo switch but I don't know how to test it other than unplug it but that wouldn't give you a definitive answer.

worst case could be the TIPM but hopefully if it is, it's covered

10abadilla/jk

true - you would have the airbag light on.

I'd take it to the dealer, could be the turn combo switch but I don't know how to test it other than unplug it but that wouldn't give you a definitive answer.

worst case could be the TIPM but hopefully if it is, it's covered
I really hope it's not the tipm. The odd thing is if I shut everything off and cycle the key back on. The rear break lights and signals work shortly. But then stop. Yet the running lights remain on. I'm hoping it's just some switch like the break light because they use the same bulb. Or like you said a turn signal switch. I am having never ending problems with this jeep.

Top Bottom