need some advice

bekel

i have a 12 rubicon, it has begun to use coolant with now visible leaks so i took it into a local mechanic that i trust he said im getting exhaust gases in my radiator the motor has just over 140k on it, my delima is should i just have him to the headgaskets and test the heads, or just go for a long block thx you for your help

kevman65

Hooked
You could chase that demon with a lot of time and money before the true problem is found.

What if it's micro cracks in the block that expand when heated? Then the head gaskets and head work are wasted money.

140K on the motor, long block it with a warrantied reman and be done with it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
10k for a long block? That is retarded. Find a takeoff motor and swap it in your garage with hand tools and a $150 harbor freight engine hoist. $3000 tops.

bekel

10k for a long block? That is retarded. Find a takeoff motor and swap it in your garage with hand tools and a $150 harbor freight engine hoist. $3000 tops.
would love to but the only take outs ive been able to find in my area are just a few hundred less then the 4500 for the long block and im not physicaly able to do the swap myself anymore

Top Bottom