NEED LIFT ADVICE! 2014 unlimited hard rock

Thanks Eddie!

I need help, hoping you fellow Jeep fanatics can help. I have a bone stock 2014 Rubicon Unlimited Hard Rock. I'm looking for my next lift/tire package.

Caveats:
I commute on an interstate for 30+ miles/day.
I need decent fuel mileage (Believe me...I know...)
I've been told a couple of differing ideas:
1. Go with a 3" short arm Teraflex and 35" tires, as this won't affect my stock 4.10 gears and stock Dana 44 axles.
2. Go with a 3" long arm Teraflex and 37" tires as I'll get the stance I want, but the 37" tires will drastically affect my gearing and may break stock Dana 44's.
3. Go with a 6" long arm Teraflex and 35" tires as I'll get the stance, I'll be able to get full flex with no rubbing, and don't have to worry about axles or stock gearing swap to steeper ring & pinion.

I would love to go 6" long arm and 37" tires but I have to pick up my daughter and wife, so need this to be long-lasting, a chameleon, and economical.

Whatever ANYONE can share based on their jeep experiences would be greatly appreciated!!!

In need of advice on 2014 rubicon unlimited lift

In need of help, hoping you fellow Jeep fanatics can help. I have a bone stock 2014 Rubicon Unlimited Hard Rock. I'm looking for my next lift/tire package.

Caveats:
1. Go with a 3" short arm Teraflex and 35" tires, as this won't affect my stock 4.10 gears and stock Dana 44 axles.
2. Go with a 3" long arm Teraflex and 37" tires as I'll get the stance I want, but the 37" tires will drastically affect my gearing and may break stock Dana 44's.
3. Go with a 6" long arm Teraflex and 35" tires as I'll get the stance, I'll be able to get full flex with no rubbing, and don't have to worry about axles or stock gearing swap to steeper ring & pinion.

I would love to go 6" long arm and 37" tires but I have to pick up my daughter and wife, so need this to be long-lasting, a chameleon, and economical.

Whatever ANYONE can share based on their jeep experiences would be greatly appreciated!!!

In need of advice on lift and tires

In need of help, hoping you fellow Jeep fanatics can help. I have a bone stock 2014 Rubicon Unlimited Hard Rock. I'm looking for my next lift/tire package.

Caveats:

Teraflex is stiff. Skip their long arm kits. They break. Ask Dennis at teraflex. When they break, they blame you. Again ask Dennis at teraflex about it.

You can run 37s on a 3 inch lift with flat fenders and proper bump stops.

You can clear 35s with a 2.5 inch budget boost and full fenders, it will ride the same as stock. You won't have to worry about steering upgrades or driveshafts yet either.

First, you should kick whoever told you to go #3 straight in the balls. 6" of lift is enough to run 42" tires and would look absolutely foolish with 35's. (That much lift is foolish under any circumstance)

Second, TeraFlex lifts suck. There is no getting around it. Their springs are brutally stiff and their Chinese parts fail time and time again.

3" is all the lift you will need to clear 35's or 37's with a little effort. I would also consider another manufacturer for your lift

WarriorJeep, I'd love ANY advice! Have just been pushed towards Teraflex, but in NO way stuck on them. Just want the best way to get either 35" or 37" tires with a long life!

The multiple threads have been merged into one thread. There is no need to junk up the forum with the same question in multiple places.

As for your lift, it sounds to me like maybe you need to focus a little less on the look you are trying to get and a little more on the performance that will suit your needs based on how you intend to drive your Jeep. Before you spend your money, I would suggest spending some time doing research on this forum and then riding in as many different lifted Jeeps as you possibly can.

Whats your price range? You can go a Enforcer Pro with coilover, a new front drive shaft, and you can run either a 35 or a 37 with no issues. With coilover you can easily adjust the height of your ride lower or higher.

Sorry for the multiple posts, not used to their mobile app and it re-posted for me automatically. Ok, so no Teraflex, then whom? I trust most on this forum, and all on this forum more than myself. Ok Ubbb69, I knew mileage was out as soon as I got the Jeep, just looking for the most lift/tire without damaging axles/drivetrain/gearing. Thank you all!

Most of us will swear by Off-Road Evolution aka EVO. Again go look at their coilover kit. Do it right the first time. As far as gearing goes it depends on what you wanna do with your jeep. Are you planning on rock crawling a lot or are you more of a look cool when going down the road?

I run a 2.5 inch coil lift with 35s on the factory rims with wheel spacers, I also have full fender flares currently. I have the stock 4.10s and an automatic. For me in my area it seems about right. I didn't loose any mileage when I went to the 35s over the stock 32s. It dropped the RPMs down and that helped.

Top Bottom