My 2014 JKUR Build thoughts any recomendations?

NV375

Starting point is a new stock 2014 white JKUR soft top.

Questions: I picked up a used Rock Krawler 1.75 Leveling Kit and some stock rear links (for the front). It sounds like I should be able to run 35s W/rims or spacers with these, pinch seam mod, rubi rail shortening and cut fenders right? Anyone see any issues doing this without other mods?

Long term goal: sport cage, coil-overs and 37s in four to five years.

I need to be budget conscious but not let that lead me to buying the wrong parts.

Short term goal: 35s, cut fenders, no rear bumper, EVO rear D ring mounts, C gussets, lower control arm skids, stubby front bumper.

How I arrived here. I had a used 2007 JKUX bought already modified knowing it needed work. I mostly learned what I did not like about the mods. Like poor ride, 35s on 18" rims, bent D30 long tube and Cs, poor handling, poor suspension design leading to interference with multiple parts...... I want 35s w/o the negatives of coil lift.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

Questions: I picked up a used Rock Krawler 1.75 Leveling Kit and some stock rear links (for the front). It sounds like I should be able to run 35s W/rims or spacers with these, pinch seam mod, rubi rail shortening and cut fenders right? Anyone see any issues doing this without other mods?

I need to be budget conscious but not let that lead me to buying the wrong parts.

Short term goal: 35s, cut fenders, no rear bumper, EVO rear D ring mounts, C gussets, lower control arm skids, stubby front bumper.

How I arrived here. I had a used 2007 JKUX bought already modified knowing it needed work. I mostly learned what I did not like about the mods. Like poor ride, 35s on 18" rims, bent D30 long tube and Cs, poor handling, poor suspension design leading to interference with multiple parts...... I want 35s w/o the negatives of coil lift.

There are more than a few on here running 35s with a leveling kit and trimmed flares. I will be doing the same on my 4 door, but going with the EVO leveling kit with springs and new shocks to improve the ride some. Sounds like your on the right track.

NV375

There are more than a few on here running 35s with a leveling kit and trimmed flares. I will be doing the same on my 4 door, but going with the EVO leveling kit with springs and new shocks to improve the ride some. Sounds like your on the right track.

I made an impulse buy on the spacer kit. $80 like new to my mail box was worth the gamble.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I made an impulse buy on the spacer kit. $80 like new to my mail box was worth the gamble.

You'll be fine with it, it wont change the ride from factory at all, and considering you have a Rubicon, you already have monotube shocks. The only reason I'm going with the EVO leveling kit is because I want a better ride than the sport suspension. If you get the chance, check out TraumaHead's rig. He's running a spacer leveling kit with 35s on a JKUR. It looks great.

NV375

You'll be fine with it, it wont change the ride from factory at all, and considering you have a Rubicon, you already have monotube shocks. The only reason I'm going with the EVO leveling kit is because I want a better ride than the sport suspension. If you get the chance, check out TraumaHead's rig. He's running a spacer leveling kit with 35s on a JKUR. It looks great.

Thanks for the info. I found some pics of his jeep. Almost exactly what I had in mind when we bought this one. Now I just need some more cash and time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

NV375

I have already started to give up on the thought of coilovers and 37s. As of today I am rolling on 37s and stock suspension. I have a Rancho 2" sport kit on the way. The kit with shocks was not much more than just the shocks. I removed the LoD Shorty stripped down the front factory bumper and reinstalled it. Removed the Rubicon rails no rear bumper for added height until suspension is in. I am planning to go down to 35s but now I am reprioritizing my next moves.

Goal is to have a comfortable and reliable rig for the wife and I to see the back country of North America when I retire in a few years.

Shocks are on the way with the kit.

I'm thinking:
PRO CAL or Flash Cal then

1 tires 35s
2 C gussets (EVO)
3 tire carrier (EVO)
4 sliders (EVO)
5 winch and front bumper (EVO)
6 front DS 1350 (J. E. Reel)
7 rear DS 1350 (J. E. Reel)
8 gears (4.88)
9 PR44

Order subject to change as deals come up or I break parts.
Does this make sense or am I off my rocker?

sean.m.adams33

I have already started to give up on the thought of coilovers and 37s. As of today I am rolling on 37s and stock suspension. I have a Rancho 2" sport kit on the way. The kit with shocks was not much more than just the shocks. I removed the LoD Shorty stripped down the front factory bumper and reinstalled it. Removed the Rubicon rails no rear bumper for added height until suspension is in. I am planning to go down to 35s but now I am reprioritizing my next moves.

Goal is to have a comfortable and reliable rig for the wife and I to see the back country of North America when I retire in a few years.

Shocks are on the way with the kit.

I'm thinking:
PRO CAL or Flash Cal then

1 tires 35s
2 C gussets (EVO)
3 tire carrier (EVO)
4 sliders (EVO)
5 winch and front bumper (EVO)
6 front DS 1350 (J. E. Reel)
7 rear DS 1350 (J. E. Reel)
8 gears (4.88)
9 PR44

Order subject to change as deals come up or I break parts.
Does this make sense or am I off my rocker?

Am I reading this right, you're going from 37's to 35's?

NV375

Am I reading this right, you're going from 37's to 35's?
Yes. The tires came with the rims the wife wanted. Want to stay under 3" lift for now and prolong front axle and stock DS life. As of yesterday it is a mall crawler for a few weeks. I have two more years of kids in school. Then things like the PR44 will be easier to spring for. Want to swap used 35s for 37s?

Top Bottom