My .02 on American Iron Ball Joint Deletes

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I completely respect all your comments and concerns. So far my experience with them has yielded nothing negative or out of the norm for HD ball joint deletes. Differing opinions matter to me and hoping to start a healthy discussion on these, as they are very new to the market and I think real world non bias testing is in order (Bluebicon on youtube) has had them much longer than I and more experience on his BJD's. If anything happens negatively with these I will certainly let the Off road community know, and the same goes for if they perform wonderfully. I can say that I have had other high end joints fail personally and witnessed. I wont name those brands as I don't want to bash on what people are using (their choice), plenty of youtube and forums have that information up. What I meant by 'Game Changing' is in the actual design of the BJD itself. A google search will get you that info also. All I ask is bare with the time it will take to see how these hold up.
Well if you are going to say you "have had other high end joints fail personally and witnessed" post up the pictures. Just by saying that doesn't make it true.

I have a billion dollars in my bank account.

WJCO

Meme King
I completely respect all your comments and concerns. So far my experience with them has yielded nothing negative or out of the norm for HD ball joint deletes. Differing opinions matter to me and hoping to start a healthy discussion on these, as they are very new to the market and I think real world non bias testing is in order (Bluebicon on youtube) has had them much longer than I and more experience on his BJD's. If anything happens negatively with these I will certainly let the Off road community know, and the same goes for if they perform wonderfully. I can say that I have had other high end joints fail personally and witnessed. I wont name those brands as I don't want to bash on what people are using (their choice), plenty of youtube and forums have that information up. What I meant by 'Game Changing' is in the actual design of the BJD itself. A google search will get you that info also. All I ask is bare with the time it will take to see how these hold up.
That's a cool story and all. One thing I find a little interesting is that your first post was an introduction here on the forum yesterday, then 20 minutes later you throw out this detailed review on these ball joints of yours that don't really have the best reputation around here. Just seems weird. Kinda like approaching a girl at the bar and saying, "Hi my name is Tom. Now here's five reasons why you should bang me...."

Maybe I'm just old fashioned 🤷‍♂️

Parabola

That's a cool story and all. One thing I find a little interesting is that your first post was an introduction here on the forum yesterday, then 20 minutes later you throw out this detailed review on these ball joints of yours that don't really have the best reputation around here. Just seems weird. Kinda like approaching a girl at the bar and saying, "Hi my name is Tom. Now here's five reasons why you should bang me...."

Maybe I'm just old fashioned

I appreciate your perspective. I'm here to share my experiences and opinions. If my timing seemed a bit off, I apologize – I'm still learning the ropes of this forum. Feel free to ask any questions or engage in what you like.

jeeeep

Hooked
Have had these in for a couple months now with about 1000 miles on them. Off road they are game changing, on road I still have a little flighty feeling, this can be solved with extra washers. Also I think they have a little more break in time to go through. The real kicker here is 100% rebuildable via snap ring. Here's a link, and i highly recommend these if you are at that point of replacing. The build quality and customer service is killer.

hmmm, 1000 miles IMO is meaningless and smells of meeting the requirements to post on a forum to keep them for free.

Seen this MO before and have had vendors approach me at Jeep events with the same proposal, no thanks.

But I'll bite, are those 1000 miles pavement miles, rock crawling, fast driving down rutted fire roads?

I've had ball joints fail but can't always blame the joint, wide oversized tires, hyrdo assist steering and beadlocks with likely improper backspace take their toll on parts.,

Parabola

hmmm, 1000 miles IMO is meaningless and smells of meeting the requirements to post on a forum to keep them for free.

Seen this MO before and have had vendors approach me at Jeep events with the same proposal, no thanks.

But I'll bite, are those 1000 miles pavement miles, rock crawling, fast driving down rutted fire roads?
Weekend warrior use. Daily driven and local trails in Big Bear, and Gorman CA. Free would have been great!

JT@623

Hooked

Maybe I'm just old fashioned 🤷‍♂️
You must be old fashioned I used only give them two reasons 🙄

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Weekend warrior use. Daily driven and local trails in Big Bear, and Gorman CA. Free would have been great!
One trip from Ventura to big bear and about two weeks of commuting would probably be 1000 miles. Hardly enough time to for an educated opinion on something but to each there own. We are here for you to save us from ourselves. 🙏

Jackboeker83

I could care less about these ball joints or if this guy is a vendor or not. I will say he has been pretty reasonable and respectful while trying to have a conversation. We are the first to cry snowflake if someone is liberal or freaks out if they don’t agree with our views (a lot of those woke people) but we are doing the same to this guy. Once again I have zero dog in this fight and don’t care but if you don’t agree with him there is no reason to bash him. I’ll probably get smashed for this comment but I think we could all work on having a debate or being able to talk to each other. The internet has ruined that for America.

WJCO

Meme King
I could care less about these ball joints or if this guy is a vendor or not. I will say he has been pretty reasonable and respectful while trying to have a conversation. We are the first to cry snowflake if someone is liberal or freaks out if they don’t agree with our views (a lot of those woke people) but we are doing the same to this guy. Once again I have zero dog in this fight and don’t care but if you don’t agree with him there is no reason to bash him. I’ll probably get smashed for this comment but I think we could all work on having a debate or being able to talk to each other. The internet has ruined that for America.
You've got a point, but I think all of us have a good hunch with what's going to happen down the road with these joints.

And I still think the timing of this thread is sus.

Parabola

You've got a point, but I think all of us have a good hunch with what's going to happen down the road with these joints.

And I still think the timing of this thread is sus.
And that's what I'm saying. Maybe my OP was a little biased. I will update as time goes on with my experience with these. Good or bad.

Top Bottom