Mounting Rotopax help.

Kenney

I am going to mount 2, 2 gal Rotopax on my rear bumper and I saw this mount on our last trip and took a picture. Question is (Is this enough to keep it safe)
Thanks

Attachments

• mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 33

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Depends on how you use your Jeep. If you drive hard and fast across the desert, I would say no. I have seen where the bouncing will cause the bolts to break. If you do this, be sure to secure the tank to the tire carrier with a strap, just in case.

Kenney

Thanks for reply, maybe/not add a flat plate for a bigger surface area, because I made one in the shop Wed for a friend same as the picture but he didn't have all the hardware to attach the containers but it was very strong and didn't flex anymore than the tire flexes. just how robust are the Rotopax containers! the picture I took the guy didn't have the containers on it ( wish I could of talked to him/her) :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just so that we're on the same page, it's the bolts on the actual rotopax mount that sheer. Maybe a plate underneath the plastic tank to help hold the weight would be helpful.

Kenney

Ok I can Fab a sheet metal plate with a base "L" shape. thanks that will give this old guy something to do.
Take care thanks again

Top Bottom