Monache Meadows camping trip

Great, thank you very much. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out sometime in the next few weeks

No problem, glad to help. I too love going up there and have been for years, both on bikes and in the Jeep.
And it's the perfect place to be when its hot.

Looks like you had a great time but I have to ask, where is the dam you have pics of? I have been up there many times and have never seen it. DOH

From our camp, we crossed the river to I believe the north end of the campground and followed a trail to the dam.

From our camp, we crossed the river to I believe the north end of the campground and followed a trail to the dam.

The campground is the River Camp right? I have never gone very far north once in there as there are always people there and did not to disturb them. Thanks!

Forgot to ask, did you go thru the Kern River Valley on your way up or did you go around to hwy 395?

Last edited:
The campground is the River Camp right? I have never gone very far north once in there as there are always people there and did not to disturb them. Thanks!

Forgot to ask, did you go thru the Kern River Valley on your way up or did you go around to hwy 395?

Yes we were at the river campsites. There were a lot of people there, and they were all offroading with jeeps and bikes and quads so they understood.

I personally went up the Kern River Valley through Kernville. From where I live, it would be another hour to go up the 395 through Pearsonville.

Yes we were at the river campsites. There were a lot of people there, and they were all offroading with jeeps and bikes and quads so they understood.

I personally went up the Kern River Valley through Kernville. From where I live, it would be another hour to go up the 395 through Pearsonville.

Oh believe me I know as I have gone both ways from here! Thanks for the update, now I will have to go back and find the dam!

Top Bottom