Moby's First Snow of the Season!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just when I was starting to think that it was never going to snow, we got a pretty good dumping here in Carson City today!! Of course, we couldn't just stay at home and watch it from our windows so, we fired Moby up and took him for a spin!! Here are some shots that we took around town and up in our hills :cool:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A few shots from our trails down the street...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, for those of you who live in an area that gets a lot of snow and are worried about how Truck-Lite LED headlights will fair, here are some close up pics that we took after driving around in wet heavy snow...

IMG_9906.jpg

IMG_9901.jpg

IMG_9903.jpg

IMG_9904.jpg

As you can see, snow did build up on the lights but, in my opinion, not enough to significantly reduce illumination. Of course, after sitting parked for a few minutes, the heat of the engine was enough to melt it right off.

IMG_9905.jpg

thardy

Banned
Great pics as always! I'm really hoping we end up getting some decent snow in GA this year!

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Cool pics. Jealous that you guys have snow. We have been so dry, only snow in higher elevations so far.

John82601

Thanks for letting us know about the LED's. The lack of self-cleaning in the snow is something I was curious about.

We went for a short trail ride on the mountain with some friends. Looks like you received more snow than we did. We were just stuck at -25° for nearly a week. I'd rather have the snow, lOl.

DSCN0291 - Copy.jpg

DSCN0284 - Copy.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool pics! I see a trip to camp Wayalife in my near future!

Sounds like a plan! :yup:

Wow you guys are getting a lot from the first pic I saw on ig

Considering we were just supposed to get a bit of rain, yeah, we got quite a bit. In fact, there was apparently some kind of cold column that came down from Tahoe and that ended up giving us more of the white stuff than up there. :crazyeyes:

How do the Nittos do in the snow?

About as good as any MT without any siping. :crazyeyes: :D
Seriously, they work surprisingly well but I think the Toyo MT's I had before do a bit better. If you do a lot of snow/ice driving, you'd be better off with a set of AT's

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for letting us know about the LED's. The lack of self-cleaning in the snow is something I was curious about.

We went for a short trail ride on the mountain with some friends. Looks like you received more snow than we did. We were just stuck at -25° for nearly a week. I'd rather have the snow, lOl.

View attachment 113296

View attachment 113297

Nice pics!!

Yeah, while snow is common for us, it was strange to get as much as we did being that it wasn't even predicted :crazyeyes:

As far as the lights go, we've been running Truck-Lites for a long time and well before the current version came out. I just hear guys concerned about snow build up and thought I would show what they would really be up against. From what I have seen, it really isn't any worse than the factory lights and literally, leaving the engine running while I ran into the post office was enough to get them to melt off.

warrkill

Sounds like a plan! :yup:

Considering we were just supposed to get a bit of rain, yeah, we got quite a bit. In fact, there was apparently some kind of cold column that came down from Tahoe and that ended up giving us more of the white stuff than up there. :crazyeyes:

About as good as any MT without any siping. :crazyeyes: :D
Seriously, they work surprisingly well but I think the Toyo MT's I had before do a bit better. If you do a lot of snow/ice driving, you'd be better off with a set of AT's

Do you know if the new Nitto At's work well?

J_KaBoB417

Awesome pictures! Living in the fish bowl that is the PNW, there isn't much snow locally. But! And hours drive and it's a whole different world. Can wait for the snow level to come down a bit!

Top Bottom