Moab EJS 2024

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Today’s Trail

IMG_2299.jpeg

I have always wanted to do this trail and have actually signed up for it in past years but something always comes up- like a factory run or some sort of other one time event. This year I made it a priority and I can say it was a really fun trail. It’s like a more difficult Fins N Things.

Don’t miss the Dino tracks near the staging point.

IMG_2300.jpeg

The climb up to the top of the mesa
IMG_2301.jpeg

IMG_2302.jpeg

IMG_2305.jpeg

IMG_2307.jpeg

IMG_2308.jpeg

IMG_2309.jpeg

IMG_2310.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2306.jpeg
    IMG_2306.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

AZVAJKU

Hooked
This was a really fun obstacle. Really easy as long as you had proper tire placement. If you blow off your spotter and Rage Against The Machine it could get expensive.

IMG_2327.jpeg

IMG_2322.jpeg

IMG_2323.jpeg

IMG_2324.jpeg

IMG_2325.jpeg

IMG_2326.jpeg

I would like to say we had a really good crew of EJS Trail Guides on this run. Some of the runs I’ve been on I could not say this. However these guys were great. Organized but not overly controlling. They spotted the hard sections and that helped the run progress at an efficient rate. We had a good group with no Wing Nuts and everyone had fun.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Awesome! That really is a fun trail and can certainly get bottle necked in some spots with traffic.

Yes! The potential was there but the Red Rock 4 Wheelers crew kept it rolling pretty good. The Willys in a previous picture was not a EJS participant and had just slipped in with the group. He ended up getting stuck on one of the obstacles and that was our sole hold up.

Last edited:

AZVAJKU

Hooked
The run went faster than anticipated due to having a solid group of vehicles with proficient drivers. Headed down off the mesa and back to the start point.

Notice this guy running. He actually beat us off the trail!
IMG_2349.jpeg

IMG_2350.jpeg

Unlock the hubs and re-engage the sway bar. No need to air up as I have a trail scheduled for tomorrow.
IMG_2356.jpeg

AZVAJKU

Hooked
As stated before the weather is very unpredictable during this time of the year. Be prepared for anything. I carry a large bag with boots, heavy sock, Gore-Tex jacket, heavy pants, fleece etc, etc. I also carry lots of water and plenty of food just in case.

The weather when I arrived back to the KOA.

IMG_2375.png

IMG_2376.jpeg

Frozen pieces of water! 😳
IMG_2378.jpeg

Each time it rains the mountains get a fresh coat of snow.
IMG_2379.jpeg

IMG_2380.jpeg

IMG_2381.jpeg

Time for a post trail beer (beers). It was a great day at EJS!
IMG_2382.jpeg

Top Bottom