Moab Accommodations

rob_bunch

Hey all,,

So my jl build will start and finish inside the next 3 weeks and I realized that this not so popular event called Easter Jeep Safari in this unheard of place called Moab is in April. & I said to myself, "Self you need to go".

So with that, who is going (& what days) and what are some good inexpensive hotels / motels I should consider. I don't mind no name dive hotels just as long as they're clean.

#justwaitingonpowdercoating

Attachments

• Resized_20211215_155913.jpeg
    Resized_20211215_155913.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 17

CalSgt

Hooked
Lots of houses to rent in the area, we stayed out of town near the golf course at Coyote Run. Last year it was about $2800 for a week in march

Upvote 0

Ddays

Hooked
Might be tough to come by lodging this late. Have you looked at VRBO or the like? Did that the last time we went & it worked out great.

Upvote 0

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Many people book their lodging a year out, however it’s still possible to get rooms. You might not be able to get a room in the same hotel for the entire EJS and you may need to move between a couple different hotels depending on how many days you stay.

Usually I stay at the KOA in a cabin. One year I stayed at the Adventure Inn. It’s small and plain, however the people who run it are nice, the breakfast was good, and they have a little area out front where you can sit in the shade, have a drink, and watch the Jeeps go buy. Another year I stayed at a chain hotel and it was ok.

Upvote 0
The event and trip is definitely worth it and hope to see you out there. We will be there Saturday 4/9 through Saturday 4/16.

There are still a lot of places available that I saw but holy crap are they pricey this year. Most 3 bedroom condos with garage and all the good stuff were running like $500 a night. Granted it's not horrible if splitting with some buddies. But being away for a full week, having a full condo and garage is very nice to have. As Ddays said, VRBO had good options.

Upvote 0

TrailHunter

Hooked
I'm strongly considering going this year from the 13th-17th ... but I know nothing about MOAB.. where to stay, what trails to Run or how many trails to sign up for in a day,. So I need to do a little homework.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm strongly considering going this year from the 13th-17th ... but I know nothing about MOAB.. where to stay, what trails to Run or how many trails to sign up for in a day,. So I need to do a little homework.
If you're going by yourself, I would recommend that you sign up for trail runs with the RR4W, the group that puts the event on. Lodging can be tough being that prices are pretty high across town. Camping is always an option though. If you go with friends, you can split the cost of a room or condo and that will help out a lot but this late in the year, it can be tough to find something or for consecutive days that you're wanting. Also, if you go with friends, just download trail or buy a Charles Wells book with them and run what you want.

Upvote 0

TrailHunter

Hooked
If you're going by yourself, I would recommend that you sign up for trail runs with the RR4W, the group that puts the event on. Lodging can be tough being that prices are pretty high across town. Camping is always an option though. If you go with friends, you can split the cost of a room or condo and that will help out a lot but this late in the year, it can be tough to find something or for consecutive days that you're wanting. Also, if you go with friends, just download trail or buy a Charles Wells book with them and run what you want.
Ok... if I go alone, I'd definitely sign up for runs.... If I can get others to join, doing our own thing is cool too... thats what I've done in Panamint valley the last couple times. Is there a central town or street that is best to stay so you are close to the trailheads?

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok... if I go alone, I'd definitely sign up for runs.... If I can get others to join, doing our own thing is cool too... thats what I've done in Panamint valley the last couple times. Is there a central town or street that is best to stay so you are close to the trailheads?
The town is small most of the hotels will be on Highway 191. Condos are located all over town. Most of the trails are within minutes of down town. As far as runs go, there are always ones being put on by shops or vendors and they're another way to do them.

Upvote 0
You are more than welcome to join us. We don’t do any RR4W runs and just find what is open foe each day. Have done this over the last couple years and always works out best I feel.

Upvote 0

naysjp

When is the best time to start booking accommodations?

Upvote 0

-sean-

For anyone considering camping during EJS keep in mind that is can get very cold, especially at night and snow is a possibility. Keep an eye on the forecast so you have the proper equipment with you.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom