Missing body mounts

JEJ0308

Did the 2.5 coil lift w/ 35s last year and noticed that when loaded down I was getting close to rubbing with stock fenders at times. Decided to go with an RC 1.25" body lift for the time being, rather than pony up for a whole new suspension. I have a '13 JKUR, and for the life of me, I can only find 10 body mounts, not twelve. My question is, am I missing two body mounts at the rear cross member?

Pic is of the rear passenger side, with me laying right under the muffler.
IMG_3307.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tdougherty81

Did the 2.5 coil lift w/ 35s last year and noticed that when loaded down I was getting close to rubbing with stock fenders at times. Decided to go with an RC 1.25" body lift for the time being, rather than pony up for a whole new suspension. I have a '13 JKUR, and for the life of me, I can only find 10 body mounts, not twelve. My question is, am I missing two body mounts at the rear cross member?

Pic is of the rear passenger side, with me laying right under the muffler.
View attachment 244441

Same on mine.

20170114_160211.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Double check the instructions. I found some kits online that come with 10 and some come with 12. Maybe those extra 2 go on a different area to support something else :idontknow:

JEJ0308

All of the product descriptions say 10 for the 2 door, and 12 for the 4 door (which mine is).
Maybe Chrysler was a little eco-friendly that day and decided the weight reduction would improve fuel economy and save some trees. [emoji57]

JEJ0308

Thanks Gecko, that's the answer I was looking for, although I'm curious why they decided to do that. Not a big deal tho, less work for me when I put the lift on.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
The changed the body in 2011 for the new interior and to get ready for the 3.6 in 2012 (new firewall) so guessing they reran the analysis and it showed they weren't needed.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom