Metal cloak ?

JT@623

Hooked
So I know that MC lifts and such aren’t real popular around here I was just wondering why ? I’ve ran them with no issues and know others that have had them for years . I’m just asking if it’s a customer service thing or something else . Not trying to start a thread to bash anyone just looking for info .

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing wrong with the company. Early on, they had fanboys who would church them up like the best thing since sliced bread and then would get all kinds of butthurt when guys like me would show how a lot of why they became popular was because of their good marketing. When I staretd to see things like their super awesome bushings fail, I posted pics of it. Or when their golden joints would break, I posted about it. Same is true when their tie rods bent and this is to say nothing about how gimmicky and leaky their 6-pack shocks are. This really was a kick to the fanboy nest and became a good laugh over here. I do think a lot of their stuff is better now but the early, larger than life claims they made and the responses from their fanboys just turned the rest of us off to them. I personally don't think the ride quality their suspension kits offer is anything to write home about but then, ride quality is 100% subjective and really, what would I know.

I should note that I do personally know guys like Matson and Scott over at MetalCloak and think they are good guys who do a good job of promoting what they sell and if you're happy with what you've got, that's all that matters.

Last edited:

JT@623

Hooked
Nothing wrong with the company. Early on, they had fanboys who would church them up like the best thing since sliced bread and then would get all kinds of butthurt when guys like me would show how a lot of why they became popular was because of their good marketing. When I staretd to see things like their super awesome bushings fail, I posted pics of it. Or when their golden joints would break, I posted about it. Same is true when their tie rods bent and this is to say nothing about how gimmicky and leaky their 6-pack shocks are. This really was a kick to the fanboy nest and became a good laugh over here. I do think a lot of their stuff is better now but the early, larger than life claims they made and the responses from their fanboys just turned the rest of us off to them. I personally don't think the ride quality their suspension kits offer is anything to write home about but then, ride quality is 100% subjective and really, what would I know.

I should note that I do know guys Matson and Scott over at MetalCloak and think they are good guys who do a good job of promoting what they sell and if you're happy with what you've got, that's all that matters
Fair enough thanks just wondering not fan boy of any particular brand . My goal is EVO long arms and coil overs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fair enough thanks just wondering not fan boy of any particular brand . My goal is EVO long arms and coil overs.
LOL - I know you aren't. That's why I gave you a reasonable response. Fanboys are people who need to believe whatever they chose to buy is the best thing that money can buy. They go around the internet looking for disparaging comments directed toward their beloved manufacturer and or product and feel the need to defend it like their manhood is somehow at stake. This is not you or at least, from what I have seen.

JT@623

Hooked
Will be upgrading here soon looking at the EVO enforcer stage 3 will it all work with the PR 60’s as far as being a bolt in ?

Will be upgrading here soon looking at the EVO enforcer stage 3 will it all work with the PR 60’s as far as being a bolt in ?
Most of it will but several of the brackets on the axle side are designed for stock axles (mainly the track bar brackets) and you will need the rockstar skids for the 60. May be a couple other little things but yeah.

JT@623

Hooked
Most of it will but several of the brackets on the axle side are designed for stock axles (mainly the track bar brackets) and you will need the rockstar skids for the 60. May be a couple other little things but yeah.
Cool thanks if your a dealer installer any idea on lead time ? If you install pm me what install might be .

Top Bottom