MENACING MICE Messing EVERYTHING Up

Woah! That's pretty awesome!! Definitely need to try the walk the plank thing and that A24 looks great too. What exactly does the A24 use to kill the rodents? We've used a Rat Zapper here in Carson City to take care of some squirrels eating our tomatoes and it zaps them with electricity, is it kind of the same or does the CO2 kill them?
The co2 propels a rod to crush their skull. Think of a cattle stun gun or captive bolt gun… IMG_0091.jpeg

jeeeep

Hooked
If you Google “walk the plank mouse trap” and this a24 “trap” have been absolutely awesome. A few years ago. I went waaay off the deep end with trying to eradicate squirrels and mice

that's pretty cool, I've got some fucking squirrels that need to be gone.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so things have been much better with our Duramax and all our Jeeps or at least when it comes to menacing mice but now that the all the fields have been harvested and low temps have been getting down into the teens or lower, Cindy and I had started to see evidence of mice in the shop and cellar at our Edge of Pizen property. Anyway, thanks to the suggestions on this thread, we decided to try a few different things to catch the buggers and as luck would have it, ALL of them worked!

Down in the cellar, basic old school traps worked just as I would have expected them to.
IMG_8708.jpg
IMG_8711.jpg

In our service porch, we tried using a Rat Zapper as it worked with squirrels and found it worked just as well.
IMG_8713.jpg

Out in the shop, we used a few old school traps and while they worked, we saw something I wasn't expecting to see and after doing some research, learned it was something that does occur with mice that are desperately hungry.
IMG_8714.jpg

You're seeing right, that mouse was missing it's head and a better part of it's body as other mice cannibalized it. The one you see below was missing it's head and the peanut butter bait below it LOL
IMG_8715.jpg

Unfortunately, all these traps only work once or at least, until you clear them out and reset them. So, we did try one other trap, one that was recommended here and I did have some doubts about being that these mice are so light and small but holy hell - it WORKED like a fricken charm!
IMG_8717.jpg

Yup, what you're seeing the Walk the Plank mouse trap and it pretty much caught everything else the other traps weren't able to being that they were already tripped.

I should note that the cellar has a few openings that I found where mice could come in and I have since sealed them up. However, the shop is a pretty tight building and I can only guess that one or more of these guys snuck in during the many times that I've left the main door open and all day long. I can't imagine what these guys were eating being sealed up for the couple of weeks we've been gone but then, that might explain the cannibalism we saw there.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the effort we put into sealing things up and catching what was inside will result in fewer instances of these menacing mice showing themselves. And, for those of you with a similar problem, I would highly recommend the Walk the Plank trap as it WORKS!! :)

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Okay, so things have been much better with our Duramax and all our Jeeps or at least when it comes to menacing mice but now that the all the fields have been harvested and low temps have been getting down into the teens or lower, Cindy and I had started to see evidence of mice in the shop and cellar at our Edge of Pizen property. Anyway, thanks to the suggestions on this thread, we decided to try a few different things to catch the buggers and as luck would have it, ALL of them worked!

Down in the cellar, basic old school traps worked just as I would have expected them to.
View attachment 398670
View attachment 398671

In our service porch, we tried using a Rat Zapper as it worked with squirrels and found it worked just as well.
View attachment 398672

Out in the shop, we used a few old school traps and while they worked, we saw something I wasn't expecting to see and after doing some research, learned it was something that does occur with mice that are desperately hungry.
View attachment 398673

Up, that mouse was missing it's head and a better part of it's body as other mice cannibalized it. The once you see below was missing it's head and the peanut butter bait below it LOL
View attachment 398674

Unfortunately, all these traps only work once or at least, until you clear them out and reset them. So, we did try one other trap, one that was recommended here and I did have some doubts about being that these mice are so light and small but holy hell - it WORKED like a fricken charm!
View attachment 398675

Yup, what you're seeing the Walk the Plank mouse trap and it pretty much caught everything else the other traps weren't able to being that they were already tripped.

I should note that the cellar has a few openings that I found were mice could come in and I have since sealed them up. However, the shop is a pretty tight building and I can only guess that one or more of these guys snuck in during the many times that I've left the main door open and all day long. I can't imagine what these guys were eating being sealed up for the couple of weeks we've been gone but then, that might explain the cannibalism we saw there.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the effort we put into sealing things up and catching what was inside will result in fewer instances of these menacing mice showing themselves. And, for those of you with a similar problem, I would highly recommend the Walk the Plank trap as it WORKS!! :)
Nice work. Are you going to grill them or fry them?

Jeeptime

Those rodents can drive you crazy. I live in a country/ woody area in Northern CA. I have to park my Mercedes Van outside. I first noticed them because they where eating the insulatation around the Air cleaner area. I then started to set 5 traps under the hood with peanut butter.
I was happy to see my success rate. Sometimes I would catch 2 overnight.

One time we headed from home in N. CA to our place in Spokane, WA area. I did not check the Van hood area before we left. The next day in the garage I noticed some activity. We park the van inside the garage. We have never, ever had any issues. So I opened the hood and he or she had been there hanging on from CA, thru OR to WA. That's a 17 hour drive.

I set 12 traps in the garage two days later got him.

Top Bottom