Mauser gets some EVO swag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Thanks to the wonderful handiwork of Panda, Mauser now has some snazzy cut fenders that still compliment the full width AEV bumpers!

Thanks Rob!! :beer:

Before:
1440951434942.jpg

After:
1440951460240.jpg

1440951477683.jpg

1440951494751.jpg

whispike

Thought I would start a mini build thread for my 2014 Rubicon Unlimited nicknamed Mauser. :)

When I bought the Jeep back in June of last year, I spent about 3 weeks installing the following:

• AEV 3.5" RS Lift
  • Dynatrac ProSteer ball joints
  • AEV F/R bumpers
  • AEV tire carrier
  • JW Speaker headlights and fog lights
  • Synergy trackbar and trackbar brace
  • 35" BFG KM2s mounted on black Pintlers
  • AEV Heat Reduction Hood
  • Hot Head Liners
  • Warn 9.5cti-s winch

Over the next 6-12 months, I hope to evolve the build to include:
  • EVO F/R Coilovers
  • 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
  • EVO Rock Sliders & Skins
  • EVO ProTek Armor

So far, I have installed the EVO Rock Skins and hoping to have the sliders welded on in the coming weeks.

Here are few pictures from the skin installation:

Holes drilled initially to 1/8" in preparation for the stepping bit:

Taping off the pinch seam for paint:

Wifey sanding down the pinch seam for paint while stylishly sporting a Wayalife hoodie!

Pinch seam painted:

Lots of nutserts! All holes were first painted with Mopar touch up paint, then each nutsert was siliconed into the hole for a little extra rust protection. Also, the Astro Pneumatic Nutsert tool was worth its weight in gold! It made installing 38 nutserts a breeze! :)

Done:

And last but not least, got the Waylife banner up!

Thanks for looking!
-Morgan

What did you use to make the cutout in the rock skin red?

K.D.C.H

Thanks to the wonderful handiwork of Panda, Mauser now has some snazzy cut fenders that still compliment the full width AEV bumpers!

Thanks Rob!! :beer:

Before:
View attachment 162637

After:
View attachment 162638

View attachment 162639

View attachment 162640

Okay, well I'm going to be the only one to address the elephant in the room then so be it :D

I do remember you saying that the fenders wouldn't rub even though Jennifer said they would. I also remember how excited she was when she yelled "they're rubbing" and furthermore I distinctly remember her saying "you need to get the 1/4 pounder and PR60 rear. Having said all that, when's the wrenching and stage 2 fender cut party :cheesy:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Okay, well I'm going to be the only one to address the elephant in the room then so be it :D

I do remember you saying that the fenders wouldn't rub even though Jennifer said they would. I also remember how excited she was when she yelled "they're rubbing" and furthermore I distinctly remember her saying "you need to get the 1/4 pounder and PR60 rear. Having said all that, when's the wrenching and stage 2 fender cut party :cheesy:

The 1/4 pounder is gonna be after the Rubicon here in October. :D

But for the fenders, I found the inner liner was loose and rubbing the tires! So maybe they get a stay of execution!

Panda

But for the fenders, I found the inner liner was loose and rubbing the tires! So maybe they get a stay of execution!

Good luck buddy :D you + rubicon trail = fender rub :yup: btw I picked up some fresh sawzall blades today :D

K.D.C.H

Good luck buddy :D you + rubicon trail = fender rub :yup: btw I picked up some fresh sawzall blades today :D

Isn't Morgan in London right now? Hey Rob lets just head to his place and cut them up. I'm sure Jennifer won't mind at all :D

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Getting spooled up for the Rubicon Run next week!

First time since owning it I've had the top and doors off!! Why haven't I done this sooner!

1443229469877.jpg

Added some Rugged Ridge quick disconnect mirrors to make driving doorless a little bit easier!

1443229520786.jpg

Also added a Spider Web Shade. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom