Mauser gets some EVO swag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwmgcs

Morgan, your going to love those RVC's, so smooth and no clunking noises when your in 4WD and locked, I love mine, now that I have them and have beat on them hard I wouldn't use anything else.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Morgan, your going to love those RVC's, so smooth and no clunking noises when your in 4WD and locked, I love mine, now that I have them and have beat on them hard I wouldn't use anything else.

I can't wait! I've heard great things about em! :thumbup:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Just got the axle back thanks to a quick turnaround by Barry at the Rear End Shop here in Livermore. :thumbup:

1439322174514.jpg

Figured while everything was apart I would wire wheel some of the surface rust on the knuckles and give them a fresh coat of paint.

1439322222683.jpg

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Always a pleasure to come help out my Wayalife family. I'm sure bill be dropping by in the next couple days to check on the progress of the house and see if there's anything left to destroy.

Also I'm a little disappointed to see you covered up the kitchen skylight. I really thought you had put your foot down on that addition :cheesy:

Read this and thought someone stepped through the ceiling sheetrock. Sorry for the confusion. Now, back to the build.

Love those axles.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Read this and thought someone stepped through the ceiling sheetrock. Sorry for the confusion. Now, back to the build.

Love those axles.

Oh yeah, how could I forget!? I will say, I did get pretty good a drywall repair through this whole process!

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Axle is in!

Made a slight adjustment to the track bar to center the axle. Other than that, it was a direct swap! Using an angle finder on my phone, it looks like the pinion is at about 2.8°, leaving 7.2° on the caster. I plan on driving it tomorrow with the links and see how the driveline feels. I figure I may end up at 4°/6°, but probably worth driving it before tweaking anything.

New EVO sway bar links should be here tomorrow and that will wrap it up.

Huge thanks to Ken for coming over this afternoon and helping me button everything up! :thumbup:

1439350781406.jpg

1439350798986.jpg

1439350819866.jpg

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Finally got to put some miles on it today and, WOW, what a difference a couple of degrees of caster makes!

Even without my Fox SS (out for warranty), the Jeep is rock solid at 80mph. No wandering, much tighter steering. Just an all around pleasure to drive!

Got a quick alignment yesterday and went with 6.1/6.5° of caster.

1439489366581.jpg

All cleaned up and ready for his next trip!

1439489396165.jpg

07JKSahara

Finally got to put some miles on it today and, WOW, what a difference a couple of degrees of caster makes!

Even without my Fox SS (out for warranty), the Jeep is rock solid at 80mph. No wandering, much tighter steering. Just an all around pleasure to drive!

Got a quick alignment yesterday and went with 6.1/6.5° of caster.

View attachment 159730

All cleaned up and ready for his next trip!

View attachment 159731

It's nice that Ken wrote you a message on the back window. ;)

SKT

This JK just keeps getting better and better!

Always enjoy seeing updates on this thread.

USN2014JK

Just got the axle back thanks to a quick turnaround by Barry at the Rear End Shop here in Livermore. :thumbup:

View attachment 159497

Figured while everything was apart I would wire wheel some of the surface rust on the knuckles and give them a fresh coat of paint.

View attachment 159498

man military is the wrong career path. I need to find a way to make your money haha 2014 jeep unlimited sport and all i can do is put my friends rubicon suspension in, cut my bumper and fenders a amazon light bar. hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom