[]m[] from Orlando!

cafecito820

[]m[] = metal horns 🤘

Hey everyone! I've been a regular on the Gladiator forums for quite a while, but finally today realized that Eddie had his own community as well, so here I am. :)

My wife and I have always thought Jeeps were pretty neat, but never really seriously considered buying one of our own. We figured they cost too much, and we weren't the serious outdoorsy/offroady types that would get much use out of them anyway. But, fast forward a few years and a few job promotions later, and we said, "You know what, screw it. We can afford them now, so let's do it!"

We decided to go one practical, one fun. Obviously, the one with the truck bed is the practical one. :)

We've only had them for a few months, so we're still kind of cautious about doing anything too stupid with them yet. That and Florida doesn't provide you a whole lot to do offroad unless you like getting stuck in mud. We hope to go visit Ocala National Forest sometime soon though!

1645038921187.png

1645039150750.png

For now, I'm still learning as much as I can and doing some minor upgrades here and there. I never thought myself to be much of a mechanic type, but damn, being able to work on your own vehicles is satisfying as hell. So far we've done:

- Heavy Duty rock sliders/steps on both vehicles
- Bestop Sunrider on the JL
- Removed the back seats from the JL and set it up for 4-legged cargo

On the to-do list:

- Hardwire dash cams into both
- Aux switch bank install on the JT
- Steel rear bumper for JT
- Twill soft top for the JL

As we expected, they're an expensive hobby, but we're having a blast. And thank you Eddie for all your videos - you've been a huge inspiration and help for us so far!

Welcome to Wayalife from Montana! 👋

you should check out hardrock off-road park near ocala, I used to go there on the occasion before I moved to Montana.

Top Bottom