Love the bumper, but...

longarmwj

Lol they rattle can stuff all the time using rustoleum truck bed coating or using foam brushs with roll on paint. Ive talked to a member of the packaging dept. and he sent me plenty of pics of them with foam brushs and roll on paint to touch up any of there powder, amazing how theyll just lie to you or blame there own powder company for there own faults.

LMFAO, by all means share these photos that you apparently have. LOD is a great company and I have been eyeballing their rock sliders for a while now

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol they rattle can stuff all the time using rustoleum truck bed coating or using foam brushs with roll on paint. Ive talked to a member of the packaging dept. and he sent me plenty of pics of them with foam brushs and roll on paint to touch up any of there powder, amazing how theyll just lie to you or blame there own powder company for there own faults.

Umm, welcome to WAYALIFE. I like how original your gmail address is. :rolleyes2:

tjjeepguy.jpg

Bear_JT

Hooked

Damn! Salty much? If you’re going to claim that back it up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

We should totally believe you because of your awesome reputation and credibility here. When I package things, I also always take lots of pictures so I can show others how I package things. :crazyeyes:

cmon-son-get-the-fuck-outta-here-with-that-bullshit.jpg

Well just to inform everyone. Anybody that does powder coating must touch up certain spots due to where the products are hung by hooks so they can spray them. The parts are hung on a powder coating line by a hook and all powder coating is done this way no matter who does it. We encourage you to look this up on youtube if you like so you have a good idea. So where the hook is touching the product no coating will be on this little spot. This spot must be touched up and of course we touch these little tiny spots up, everybody that does coating should as there is no way around this unless you can magically make the part hover (if so please let us know as we would love to hire you :) . We outsource our coating as it is a very large undertaking and we let the guys that do coating do what they do best. We inspect everything before it ships and if something gets past us we would like to know it and will replace the product, mistakes can happen and we will always address them and take care of it. We do our best to constantly improve our process and work closley with out coater to improve everything from how they send the products back to us to the way they spray parts and hang them on the coating conveyer line. The nice thing part is anyone absolutley is set on their opinion and still wants our products, we offer them in bare steel and you can have it coated with any type of coating you would like :) So feel free to contact us with any questions and we will be more than happy to help you out in any way we can.

LoD

Brute

Hooked
LōD Offroad;1063337 said:
Well just to inform everyone. Anybody that does powder coating must touch up certain spots due to where the products are hung by hooks so they can spray them. The parts are hung on a powder coating line by a hook and all powder coating is done this way no matter who does it. We encourage you to look this up on youtube if you like so you have a good idea. So where the hook is touching the product no coating will be on this little spot. This spot must be touched up and of course we touch these little tiny spots up, everybody that does coating should as there is no way around this unless you can magically make the part hover (if so please let us know as we would love to hire you :) . We outsource our coating as it is a very large undertaking and we let the guys that do coating do what they do best. We inspect everything before it ships and if something gets past us we would like to know it and will replace the product, mistakes can happen and we will always address them and take care of it. We do our best to constantly improve our process and work closley with out coater to improve everything from how they send the products back to us to the way they spray parts and hang them on the coating conveyer line. The nice thing part is anyone absolutley is set on their opinion and still wants our products, we offer them in bare steel and you can have it coated with any type of coating you would like :) So feel free to contact us with any questions and we will be more than happy to help you out in any way we can.

LoD

Generally speaking, I think it's a good idea to ship bumpers, sliders and armor in bare metal anyway...why risk damage to a heavy powder coated item in shipping...which is not uncommon. Best to have your local powder coat shop handle that...

longarmwj

I personally could care less about the powder coat finish. I know that I will end up adding my own scratches and damage myself so I'm not too worried

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug

IMG_7070.JPG ........

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Was this a drive by, or are you too busy trolling somewhere else, today?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Generally speaking, I think it's a good idea to ship bumpers, sliders and armor in bare metal anyway...why risk damage to a heavy powder coated item in shipping...which is not uncommon. Best to have your local powder coat shop handle that...

Usually a sound opinion and generally speaking you’re right but LoD packed everything I’ve received in blow molded foam and plywood. My bumper and sliders were so “packed” it took me an hour to get them out. Very well done. No way they were going to be damaged in shipping unless the UPS truck was totaled. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

HoosierWolf

My bumper and sliders were so “packed” it took me an hour to get them out. Very well done. No way they were going to be damaged in shipping unless the UPS truck was totaled. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

This

It took my buddy and I quite a while to get my rock sliders out of the packing after I got them home.. I'd seen pictures so I wasn't really all that surprised but my buddy was floored.

LoD is a quality company and my experiences with them have been nothing but first rate. Couldn't ask for any better treatment.

PEACEMAKER1

This

It took my buddy and I quite a while to get my rock sliders out of the packing after I got them home.. I'd seen pictures so I wasn't really all that surprised but my buddy was floored.

LoD is a quality company and my experiences with them have been nothing but first rate. Couldn't ask for any better treatment.

^Same here. I just got my shorty Destroyer front and it was packed with so much spray foam in the box, the only way to remove the bumper was to remove the box one piece at a time. Thanks LoD for an amazing bumper and impeccable packaging to prevent shipping damage. I would recommend LoD to anyone! They also have great customer service BTW. I called to check on the status of my bumper and they were well receptive to get it out as soon as possible.

Top Bottom