Lost a wheel!

FrankenJeeper

Well the surveillance tapes showed no one was near my jeep lately besides me. I'm guessing they just worked they're own way loose.

I usually snug everything when I do an oil change, but from now on I'm going to every couple weeks just to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I was able to put the wheel on a lathe today and clean it up some and spray it black where it's not noticeable. I'm going to use this wheel on my spare though. The tire is trash though. What a coincidence I ordered new tires Monday and this happens on Tuesday though!

Dave_g

Just this weekend I was at a friends house and I noticed my Locking nut was missing on my front passenger wheel. I checked the torque on everything else and they all were tight. Kinda blew my mind how the one Keyed one was missing.

Holeshot

Banned
Well the surveillance tapes showed no one was near my jeep lately besides me. I'm guessing they just worked they're own way loose.

I usually snug everything when I do an oil change, but from now on I'm going to every couple weeks just to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I was able to put the wheel on a lathe today and clean it up some and spray it black where it's not noticeable. I'm going to use this wheel on my spare though. The tire is trash though. What a coincidence I ordered new tires Monday and this happens on Tuesday though!

Just make sure there is no corrosion either on your wheel or on your brake, it could be the cause.

FrankenJeeper

Holeshot said:
Chilton is only a basic shop manual, never as complete as the factory one. I'm a mecanic and have access to AllDataPro :thumb: that's why :p

There isn't any way you could print off some manuals and offer them to WOL members could you? Lol

Holeshot

Banned
ouch, hundreds of pages :icon_crazy:

You rather go to the dealer and ask if they can order one for you. It may be priced somewhere around 100-140$ and you may have between 2 to 4 volumes. :standing wave:

FrankenJeeper

Oscar the Grouch said:
did you find out who it was.

personally if you do. i would push for an attempted murder charge.

The surveillance tapes didn't show anyone near my jeep, so I'm guessing it was the rare case where my lug nuts worked their way loose.

Personally I'm happy no one did it. I would always rather have something bad happen by chance than someone out to get me.

Lesson learned: check your lug nuts once a week lol

Holeshot

Banned
Lesson learned: check your lug nuts once a week lol

Not necessary. Just make sure the contact surfaces are clean of any kind of corrosion/rust/dirt. And properly torqued. Trust me, I work in a dealership and remove wheels every day. I've also seen similar cases a couple times, always caused by corrosion not being cleaned before reinstalling the wheels.

Tackerdown

Banned
I'm glad you didn't find that someone messed with you jeep that's a serious offence. and definitely not cool. :naw:

well I'm about to give my service man 1200.00 $ or so to replace my head gaskets, maybe he can get me a good deal for the real service books. and a week without my service van , working out of a utility pick up truck. :mad:

Top Bottom