Loss all power

GratefulDead

Good Afternoon,

While coming home from NC mountains about a four hour drive, made it one mile from the house and my 2020 JL just cut off. I'm pretty sure I saw something flash like Anti Brake service needed but it went away before I could take a picture. All bells and whistles still lit up but would not let me start again. I was not able to put it in neutral until I used the orange override. After getting towed to my house I checked the battery and it was dead, so I purchased new battery. New battery was put in jeep started right up, and moved 5 feet before flashing an anti brake message again, Jeep cut off and now nothing.... no power to anything.

Thanks in advance!

The auxiliary battery, underneath the fuse box, is toast is my bet.

GratefulDead

I replaced the auxiliary battery about a month ago. Is it possible that with my main battery being bad that it also drained my auxiliary battery while driving home.

onlyone

I replaced the auxiliary battery about a month ago. Is it possible that with my main battery being bad that it also drained my auxiliary battery while driving home.
It’s definitely possible. Try removing your negative battery cable on your Aux battery, tape it up and let your main one charge. See if that helps. Basically just bypass it.

GratefulDead

Ok thanks, I did see some video's on bypassing the auxiliary battery. I also just saw something about the array fuse blowing while putting in new main battery. Which would be a secondary problem to the original

Last edited:

onlyone

Ok thanks, I did see some video's on bypassing the auxiliary battery. I also just saw something about the array fuse blowing while putting in new main battery. Which would be a secondary problem to the original
If that was the case it wouldn’t have started again the first time. These Aux batteries can cause all kinds of problems. I would start there, it’s a fairly easy task to experiment with.

GratefulDead

Thanks to everyone who chimed in yesterday! Jeep is fixed…! Not sure what chain reaction caused the problem but ended up being bad Array Fuse, Auxiliary Battery, and Main Battery . After about $500 I’m back up and running! Once again thanks for the good advice!

jeeeep

Hooked
Thanks to everyone who chimed in yesterday! Jeep is fixed…! Not sure what chain reaction caused the problem but ended up being bad Array Fuse, Auxiliary Battery, and Main Battery . After about $500 I’m back up and running! Once again thanks for the good advice!
Did you get the higher AMP array fuse? for what it is, it's pricey.

Top Bottom