Looking for Side Steps..

rubi_vette

Now that I've lifted my Jeep. I do want to inquire about side steps. I know there are more than a million out there for the JLU... Are there any that are within $150-250 price range that sit close to the side, but also are comfortable to get in for those who have big feet like myself?

WJCO

Meme King
Are you planning on using it on the rocks? If so, get sliders rather than steps. And I can't imagine you'll fine sliders for that price.

jeeeep

Hooked
Don't buy the knock-off cheap ones from Amazon.

I can tell you from experience they don't fit properly.

I bought a set under $200 for the 2015 JK, they were so bad the seller refunded but also didn't want them back lol

CalSgt

Hooked
If you don't need them in a hurry, check craigslist, FB marketplace or the like for factory side step take offs. They can usually be had for cheap and they look nice.
^^^^ This

I'm sure there are tons of Sahara's out there that had the nice steps shaped for sliders. I'd also check with local shops that do aftermarket stuff to see if anyone left their takeoffs.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I got a set of factory steps I will be taking off soon. I got a set of LOD sliders coming from disciple off road soon. If you wanna make the drive to Philly area you can have them and I can help you install them prior to you leaving back for NY. Just shoot me a message and we can figure it out

rubi_vette

I got a set of factory steps I will be taking off soon. I got a set of LOD sliders coming from disciple off road soon. If you wanna make the drive to Philly area you can have them and I can help you install them prior to you leaving back for NY. Just shoot me a message and we can figure it out
Do you have pictures? Phily is about a 5 hour drive. Maybe something half way would work, but with gas costs to drive 5hrs down may not be worth it...

I've checked local sites nothing yet, for side steps

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Do you have pictures? Phily is about a 5 hour drive. Maybe something half way would work, but with gas costs to drive 5hrs down may not be worth it...

I've checked local sites nothing yet, for side steps

If you don’t find anything local let me know. Willing to give them to you for free and free install while you’re here. Just thought I would offer.
image.jpg

rubi_vette

If you don’t find anything local let me know. Willing to give them to you for free and free install while you’re here. Just thought I would offer.
View attachment 385414
So these stock ones, will they fit a JLU Rubicon? I'd imagine it doesn't matter what trim you are? Also, do they use the stock screws that come from the regular rock panels?

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So these stock ones, will they fit a JLU Rubicon? I'd imagine it doesn't matter what trim you are? Also, do they use the stock screws that come from the regular rock panels?
Yes they will fit. I actually got these off someone who had them on their rubicon and it has all the hardware so no need for the rock rail hardware

Top Bottom