Looking for build inspiration...

oh Henry

I acknowledge that this may seem like a silly thread, however, here goes...
It is too easy to over build and purchase parts that miss the mark regarding value for reward.
J - just
E - empty
E - every
P - pocket
It is well known that, for most jeep owners, the build is never really done.
There is a comfort (understanding) in the videos and posts that Cindy and Eddie provide that
I appreciate. A hands on practical approach to demonstrate the practicality of said item.
I know that there is a wealth of knowledge in this forum. I truly enjoy this forum and I hope
that this is not a pointless thread.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Think back to why you bought the Jeep. Reflect on that. Then build. Plenty of stock Jeeps spend more off-road time than crazy expensive builds. And owners on both ends of the spectrum and everyone in between still probably have a smile on their faces regardless of how they built it. Build it for your purposes.

Just drive your jeep, and the inspiration will find you.
This.

You'll come along obstacles you want to conquer or things you don't like as you own it for a bit. You'll see other Jeeps here, on the internet, or out in the wild and it should inspire you but also, ive never seen two modified Jeeps that were identical, but similar. It's really about how YOU want it to look and perform not how everyone else is doing it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Is there a question here? I’m so confused. Also what kind of announcement is this since that’s what forum this thread was put in.

DaJudge

Step 1: Define your build and be honest. Are you wanting it to be something or do something? Two very different concepts that will dictate the direction you go with parts.
Just drive your jeep, and the inspiration will find you.
These two posts are all you need. If your modifications are for use, then use it first so you know what you need.
If it is for show, find one you like the look of an copy it with a few personal touches.

GP NOIR

Hooked
Almost every post in this thread has good advice. As has been said before, get out and drive your Jeep until you find what's holding you back. You'll be amazed at how capable Wranglers are straight off the showroom floor.

In my experience, the first thing you'll change are tires- after you wear out the first set. Things will go from there.

Wheel Before Modifying. Gas Before Accessories.

Get basic recovery gear. Recovery gear isn't accessories. It's a necessity.

oh Henry

Think back to why you bought the Jeep. Reflect on that. Then build. Plenty of stock Jeeps spend more off-road time than crazy expensive builds. And owners on both ends of the spectrum and everyone in between still probably have a smile on their faces regardless of how they built it. Build it for your purposes.
Thank you. :)(y)(y)

oh Henry

This.

You'll come along obstacles you want to conquer or things you don't like as you own it for a bit. You'll see other Jeeps here, on the internet, or out in the wild and it should inspire you but also, ive never seen two modified Jeeps that were identical, but similar. It's really about how YOU want it to look and perform not how everyone else is doing it.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I acknowledge that this may seem like a silly thread, however, here goes...
It is too easy to over build and purchase parts that miss the mark regarding value for reward.
J - just
E - empty
E - every
P - pocket
It is well known that, for most jeep owners, the build is never really done.
There is a comfort (understanding) in the videos and posts that Cindy and Eddy provide that
I appreciate. A hands on practical approach to demonstrate the practicality of said item.
I know that there is a wealth of knowledge in this forum. I truly enjoy this forum and I hope
that this is not a pointless thread.

Most likely your build will go through many phases over the years of your ownership. I never imagined my Jeep would be where it is today. It just happened. The most important thing is to enjoy it.

JT@623

Hooked
I’d say screw it rip the axles out put one tons on 40’s then swap to a V8 with an atlas ,bumpers winches front and rear ,4 or 5 light bars a fridge in back grill hanging off the hitch roof top tent 6 or 7 roto -pax hanging of the side traction boards .
A couple I-pads hanging of the dash for GPS . 10 or 15 rock lights underneath and as many stickers as you can fit on a rear window and your good to go 👍

kevman65

Hooked
For a lot of stuff, the JL and JT are more capable than most drivers getting into off roading.

You may or may not have to have a lift kit, some sort of armor is recommended (sliders/rock rails, steel bumpers) recovery gear (straps & shackles) if you're going out alone (not advisable) get a solid winch.

Now, this is MY opinion only, others will probably disagree, I got rid of factory linkage on the front, (track bar, tie rod bar, drag link bar) and went with something stouter but not the stoutest out there. Also, looks like an Overland in your avatar, you may find that while your shocks work on pavement, they probably aren't what you're going to want off road. So you may want to upgrade those. There are some adjustable shocks available that WON'T break the bank and you can fine tune the settings for what you need whatever you're doing (RANCHO). Their price is fair enough that when they're ready to change, it's still cheaper than rebuilding the higher end stuff.

Most important, get out and drive it. Get it stuck, get it turtled, get it dirty. She'll tell you what she needs.

benatc1

Hooked
I’d say screw it rip the axles out put one tons on 40’s then swap to a V8 with an atlas ,bumpers winches front and rear ,4 or 5 light bars a fridge in back grill hanging off the hitch roof top tent 6 or 7 roto -pax hanging of the side traction boards .
A couple I-pads hanging of the dash for GPS . 10 or 15 rock lights underneath and as many stickers as you can fit on a rear window and your good to go 👍
You forgot dual steering stabilizers..

oh Henry

For a lot of stuff, the JL and JT are more capable than most drivers getting into off roading.

You may or may not have to have a lift kit, some sort of armor is recommended (sliders/rock rails, steel bumpers) recovery gear (straps & shackles) if you're going out alone (not advisable) get a solid winch.

Now, this is MY opinion only, others will probably disagree, I got rid of factory linkage on the front, (track bar, tie rod bar, drag link bar) and went with something stouter but not the stoutest out there. Also, looks like an Overland in your avatar, you may find that while your shocks work on pavement, they probably aren't what you're going to want off road. So you may want to upgrade those. There are some adjustable shocks available that WON'T break the bank and you can fine tune the settings for what you need whatever you're doing (RANCHO). Their price is fair enough that when they're ready to change, it's still cheaper than rebuilding the higher end stuff.

Most important, get out and drive it. Get it stuck, get it turtled, get it dirty. She'll tell you what she needs.

Top Bottom