long arms

nacho

First of I have a 2012, so that has to come into play. I do not want to get rid of the exhaust loop as I need every bit of power I can get living at altitude. Who has what and how do they like/dislike it? Evo, rock krawler, and teraflex seem to be the 3 that I am thinking about. I am happy with the Rock krawler midarm I have but the longarm will not allow me to run an evo lever if I ever want to go that direction. All will require an exhaust mod of some type. I might be just thinking out loud, How has the evo set up done on the long haul? My rock krawler joints seem to be getting loose after a year of hard wheeling.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As you know, we run an EVO long arm on our 2012 and they've installed it in a way that retains the exhaust loop. :yup:

nacho

I watched your build very close and liked how evo just flipped the loop for the most part. How do the Evo long arms age? stability and tracking at highway speeds? How often does moby have the joints,bushings gone thru?

Rippin Lipz

I have the RK Long Arm system. It's very new so I can't comment on ware and tear yet. I tried saving the exhaust loop, but there was just no way it was gonna happen. The only way I could have saved it was to have my rigged towed, because it was torn down with no exhaust, to an exhaust shop and have a totally custom exaust made. It would have been to expensive and too much trouble so I just got rid of it. I have to say so far so good. I have no regrets so far. I do have a power loss, but I'm running 38x14.5 tires and 4.10 gears, and the power loss is not that significant. I'll be getting 5.13 gears soon and then I'll have a better feel for the power I lost.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I watched your build very close and liked how evo just flipped the loop for the most part. How do the Evo long arms age? stability and tracking at highway speeds? How often does moby have the joints,bushings gone thru?

i haven't needed to replace any of the johnny joints yet and we've put on a lot of hard miles. i have gone through 2 front axle upper control arm bushings (about once every year) but, they are factory clevite bonded rubber bushings.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I don't think anyone can touch the durability of the Currie Johnny Joint, atleast not with big flex anyhow.

rinkishjk

i haven't needed to replace any of the johnny joints yet and we've put on a lot of hard miles. i have gone through 2 front axle upper control arm bushings (about once every year) but, they are factory clevite bonded rubber bushings.

Those upper bushings... Do u recall how much they cost, and did u just use a bj press? I have been debating getting the Johnny joint setup Currie makes.... Any thoughts?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those upper bushings... Do u recall how much they cost, and did u just use a bj press? I have been debating getting the Johnny joint setup Currie makes.... Any thoughts?

Sorry, I don't recall but, they weren't very expensive. A BJ press won't help you to remove them once they're blown but, can help you to get new ones in. Johnny Joints are hard to beat but, they are expensive.

Top Bottom