LN the 2013 JKU Rubicon build

Kind of late at this point but would like to create a build thread for my jeep!
IMG_2739.jpg

Wishlist:
-Dynatrac PR60 front axle w/ RCVs
-Dynatrac PR80 rear axle w/ chromoly shafts
-Dynomax Quiet Crawler exhaust
-Dual battery set up (undecided brand)
-AEV heat reduction hood
-42" tires (undecided, prob stickies)
-Walker evans 8x6.5
-New olive drab green wrap (been 4+ years plus new parts need wrapped!)

Current mods:
-Rubicon Dana 44s front/rear
-Front D44 RCV shafts
-Rear D44 chromoly shafts
-5.13 gears front/rear
-Artec truss/gussets front/rear
-Riddler diff covers front/rear
-Rear diff slider
-Steer smarts Yeti tie rod
-PSC hydro assist
-EVO Double throw down 2.5 12" king coil overs front
-EVO Double throw down 2.5 coil overs evolever rear
-EVO high clearance long arms for evolever
-Currie antirock sway bars front/rear
-ASFIR 4x4 engine, tranny, and gas tank skid
-PSC evap skid
-PSC front aluminum narrow width flares
-PSC rear steel standard width flares
-PSC rear crusher corner w/ LEDs
-Warn Zeon 12-S w/ control box in engine bay & switch in cab
-Flowmaster muffler
-Spyderlock 17" rims
-37x12.50x17 MTRs
-Spidertrax 5x5.5 wheel spacers
-MOPAR front/rear half doors
-PSC tramp stamp
-PSC antenna mount
-VKS rear bumper cap
-VKS V3 front bumper w/ stinger
-Rigid industries 50" windshield mounted LED bar
-Rigid industries Dually D2 pillar mounted LEDs
-Rigid industries Dually D2 front bumper mounted LEDs with yellow lens

Interior:
-SPOD 8 switch red LED
-ARB twin compressor MORE engine bay mounted
-Kicker audio speakers stuffed with polyfill
-Mastercraft rubicon seats front and rear with 4pt harness up front and 5pt harness rear
-Rockhard 4x4 roll cage including front and rear harness bars and C pillar
-CB radio 40-CH
-Rhino lined interior
-AEV Procal
-Rearview mirror reverse camera
-EVO trail table
-Rockhard4x4 accessory mount
-Highlift cage mounted

Last edited:
Any idea why it would not be working? I am loading pictures from my iPhone to my computer and than attempting to upload and it keeps saying upload error..

Damn. Ya too late on the tie rod.. good to know though - appreciate it. Everything arrives on Thursday!

Here are some photos of the VKS V3 front bumper I installed a week ago.. man was it a pain. Cut the frame back and ended up having to cut the grill to get the stinger to fit and cut the brackets on the back of the grill to squeeze the winch in and having to weld one of the bolts that go through the top because it came out of the bottom of the frame and would have hit the sway bar. IMG_4716.jpg IMG_4723.jpg IMG_4735.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4737.jpg
    IMG_4737.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 86
Here are the most recent photo's I've gotten of the flex.. should be able to get a better twist with evo's long arms.. gets rid of rubicon express' radius arm.
IMG_4769.jpg IMG_4771.jpg IMG_4767.jpg

Yes - unfortunately the wheels rub on the front coil over and bypass.. even with the wheel spacers they still rub in extreme situations but it is rare and safe to wheel. Before, it was impossible to wheel. Need to get some D60s up there to push it out more and maybe dump the spacers because I prefer not to have them.

Just picked up a few items that'll go on the Jeep in the near future.. hoping to get it all installed in the next month. Going to be hard because I'm starting a new job in a week but we shall see!

Things on the to install list include:
-Evo high clearance long arm evolever kit
-PSC hydro assist steering
-Steer smarts yeti tie rod
-Rockhard4x4 accessory mount (gunna work something up for my phone)
-Rockhard4x4 front harness bar padding
-ARB twin compressor
-Northridge4x4 ARB engine bay compressor mount
-Evo trail table
-PSC rear crusher LED corner with new LED taillight/reverse light
-PSC rear crusher flare standard width steel
-PSC front crusher flare narrow width aluminum
-High lift rear roll cage mount
-Warn Zeon 12-S, control box mounting bracket and long wires
-Costco rearview mirror and reverse camera - camera loads up in left third of mirror like most factory reverse cameras do.
-Wayalife windshield decal.. but got black so will be hard to see.. until I can a olive drab green one made to match my wrap.
-sPOD 8 switch

Pictures to come!

Last edited:
Update! Boxes are starting to arrive and will be all week! Only had time today to do a semi deep clean of the rear trunk area, uninstall the old sPOD and OBA and install the high lift mount on the rockhard4x4 rear harness bar. I ended up using the rubbery mat that usually is used in the bottom of your kitchen cabinets.. I had some left over and figured why not give it a try to protect the paint on the harness bar and provide something between the high lift mounting and the bar so it wasn't metal on metal. Ended up working out really well!

IMG_4805.jpg IMG_4806.jpg IMG_4807.jpg IMG_4808.jpg

Update: everything came in past couple of days and managed to remove the Smittybilt fenders, rock sliders and body cladding. Unfortunately the rear inner lining of the Smittybilt XRC fender broke when trying to remove it.. if anyone knows where to find just those linings a link would be great.. I cannot seem to find them with a quick search.

I also installed the new 8 switch SPOD and a reverse camera mirror i can get pics up this weekend. Bought reverse camera and mirror from costco for $170, regular mirror that the left 1/3 of the mirror turns into the reverse camera like a lot of factory cars do. Pretty excited about that. Going to install a bunch of stuff tomorrow so well see what I manage to finish and hopefully get some pictures up this weekend!

EDIT: if you know how to rotate the photos, please let me know!

IMG_4834.JPG IMG_4835.JPG IMG_4836.JPG IMG_4830.JPG IMG_4832.JPG IMG_4833.JPG

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Depending on your computer you should have a photo editor of some sort, pretty much any one will have a basic version which will rotate. I if you use an iphone, you bring the picture up and tap the slider icon, then there is another that has a crop/rotate icon. Make your adjustment and save.

Depending on your computer you should have a photo editor of some sort, pretty much any one will have a basic version which will rotate. I if you use an iphone, you bring the picture up and tap the slider icon, then there is another that has a crop/rotate icon. Make your adjustment and save.

Well on my iPhone they are up right and normal.. on my computer desktop they are upright and normal too.

Top Bottom