LIVE on the GO MEGA THREAD : 2019 SEMA Show Coverage

Brute

Hooked
Here's some pics of factory below. In the second picture, the lights are about where my hand is. I bet they pulled the lights or re-located them. With that being said, if you're really going to go through with a project like this, two suggestions: 1) Wire the lights in a way where they actually stay on for a decent amount of time. The factory ones don't. It's a pain in the ass when you're trying to load gear at night. 2) Put a switch in the bed so YOU can control the lighting rather than the computer. There is no switch in the bed nor is there a switch in the cab that will leave the factory lights illuminated.

View attachment 340802

View attachment 340803

Thanks Doug...if the lights get lost in the mod, it's not a problem...there will be plenty of lighting options, and most likely dedicated switches. I am now leaning on a slight wheelbase shortening of 6", a bed bob, and keeping the stock 4 door cab...

jdofmemi

Thanks Doug...if the lights get lost in the mod, it's not a problem...there will be plenty of lighting options, and most likely dedicated switches. I am now leaning on a slight wheelbase shortening of 6", a bed bob, and keeping the stock 4 door cab...

How much bed will that leave?

I would love to get one someday, but it would have to get bobbed.

jdofmemi

That would work.

I have an idea to build an aluminum skid with a 190 gallon fuel tank, along with a toolbox for work, as well as a matching skid with off road and camping gear that could be swapped out with a small winch in the bed.

Work truck during the week, play truck on weekends.

Brute

Hooked
That would work.

I have an idea to build an aluminum skid with a 190 gallon fuel tank, along with a toolbox for work, as well as a matching skid with off road and camping gear that could be swapped out with a small winch in the bed.

190 gallons...gas up twice a year?

WJCO

Meme King

190 gallons...gas up twice a year?

1140 pounds of gasoline. There goes your payload.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
To put it into perspective: the helicopter I work on has a 190 gallon fuel tank for each engine. It’ll fly for a few hours on that much fuel. It weighs 12k lbs with an empty cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Brute

Hooked
To put it into perspective: the helicopter I work on has a 190 gallon fuel tank for each engine. It’ll fly for a few hours on that much fuel. It weighs 12k lbs with an empty cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

So your basically flying a fuel tank...

jdofmemi

Damn typo. I keep forgetting to proofread.

110 gallon, for diesel, to fill equipment.
Take it out for weekends.

jdofmemi

Weight wise, that's more reasonable...about 770 lbs.

Fully built out of aluminum, fuel pump, tools, grease, oils, full of fuel, and misc items, maybe 1500#

I have a couple of ways worked out in my head how to be able to build it so I could load it and unload it with nothing but a small on board winch and pulleys.

Then it would be a legit work truck, and drop that skid off for weekends, maybe having another one with camping g
And wheeling gear to go in its place. Like a quick change set up.

Top Bottom