Light question: Morimoto v. factory LED?

Jmos

Hello,

I've been trying to find specification numbers to compare the performance of factory LED lights, to these Super7s, from Morimoto:

Anyone have a link? Or an opinion?

Same question for the stock LED fog lights, vs. Morimoto or other replacement options? (suggestions please?)

And last Morimoto Super7 question,... (don't hate me for this...)
If I can get the Super7s, then it would be fun to add a halo, but I cannot find one that says it will fit inside the Super7 build.

...I know, I know,... it's just for show. But it makes my wife smile; and it's important to me that she enjoys our Jeep too.

TY

kevman65

Hooked
I have OEM LED pkg. I have had to replace some individual pieces, OEM is expensive.

Personally, if I had to replace both headlights, I'd go with this, https://www.oraclelights.com/collec...for-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-heated-lens

Just for the fact it is heated, because LED headlights SUCK in winter precipitation. If you get wet snow, or freezing rain, your headlight buckets will fill up and you will have to stop and clean them out to see. Once it starts, it doesn't stop.

I'm not endorsing Oracle products in any way EXCEPT for the heated part. I've read too many horror stories on their Customer Service, or lack there of.

Jmos

I have OEM LED pkg. I have had to replace some individual pieces, OEM is expensive.

Personally, if I had to replace both headlights, I'd go with this, https://www.oraclelights.com/collec...for-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-heated-lens

Just for the fact it is heated, because LED headlights SUCK in winter precipitation. If you get wet snow, or freezing rain, your headlight buckets will fill up and you will have to stop and clean them out to see. Once it starts, it doesn't stop.

I'm not endorsing Oracle products in any way EXCEPT for the heated part. I've read too many horror stories on their Customer Service, or lack there of.
YES,... I had headlight BUCKETS of snow... on my most recent adventure.
Spot on!

And I hear the same about Oracle,... but like some of their designs... just with they were also produced by another manufacturer.

I'm wondering about replacing OEM LEDs, with the Morimoto Super7s.
(and halo's in them :D )

TY

kevman65

Hooked
Except for the WOW factor of programmable halos, you're paying more money for basically the same headlight.

I've got several rabbit holes I want to throw money in, but that's not one of them.

Top Bottom