Light Beadlocks?

Catfathers

Give the parts store your money and take your parts home

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol!

This depends on what you're optimizing for. Most SUVs and cars target an unsprung weight of around 15% of the curb weight for best on road handling (a stock jku is closer to 20%). On the other hand, if you want a lower center of gravity for stability on the trail, higher unsprung weight is probably better.

No doubt you’re more versed in this than me but adding 10, 15, even 30 lbs of weight, even at each corner, has to be negligible in regards to stability/not flopping no? If it does give you a few more degrees of off camber ability before flopping and I’m way off its worth that extra weight in gold.

Let me add to my question now that I’m better informed; I plan to swap my hard top for a soft one and lose my full doors for halfs. Will those few hundred pounds make up for adding say 10lbs a corner with beadlocks? In terms of wear and tear, stress while off-roading, and MPG?

I am very likely over thinking this lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Lol!

No doubt you’re more versed in this than me but adding 10, 15, even 30 lbs of weight, even at each corner, has to be negligible in regards to stability/not flopping no? If it does give you a few more degrees of off camber ability before flopping and I’m way off its worth that extra weight in gold.

Let me add to my question now that I’m better informed; I plan to sway my hard top for a soft one and lose my full doors for halfs. Will those few hundred pounds will make up for adding say 10lbs a corner with beadlocks? In terms of wear and tear, stress while off-roading, and MPG?

I am very likely over thinking this lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The soft top and doors are SPRUNG weight so that would benefit more than UNSPRUNG weight would detract from the Jeep’s stability.

But, yes, you are overthinking this. If you ever flop it won’t be because of the minutiae that we’re discussing.

Last edited:

Lojo

The soft top and doors are SPRUNG weight so that would benefit more than UNSPRUNG weight would detract from the Jeep’s stability.

But, yes, you are overthinking this. If you ever flop it won’t be because of the minutiae that we’re discussing.

Lol the extra weight might help one role faster! Get it over with quicker🤪🤪

Top Bottom