Lift and Bumper this weekend. FINALLY!!

aaronstephen

So this Saturday I'll be FINALLY installing a lift and bumper on my JK. can't wait. So any advice out there for me?

- aaron

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Understand the instructions before you start and make sure you have all the parts first or have a supply house close by. what lift did you get. congrats.

2.5" RC Lift

- aaron

Nice man! If its the Coil lift your going to like it! For the price, it really does great and you will have no problem keeping up with people with like builds!!!

Install for me took about 1.5-2 hours. Make sure you un screw your brake lines to get the extra droop when swapping out coils. If uou leave them on your going to risk stretching them out as you will need more droop to switch out the couils

take off the tires, throw your jeep on jack stands.Throw a jack under the axle to make sure it dont fall, Take off the shocks sway bar links,take off brake calipers to get more droop in the front. lower jack slowly making sure not to damage your break lines. You might need a crow bar in the rear and an extra hand to help the the coils in. But its not too bad

after swapping out the coils. tight the bolts semi tight. After you drop the jeep back on the ground. Tighten every thing to spec. Dont tighten everything to spec while jeep is still in the air because when you lower it, the weight of the jeep puts more pressure on the bolts and will make some nuts looser.

Good luck

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. Yes it's the coil lift and I ordered the High Rock 4x4 High Access bumper

- aaron

Thanks for the advice. Yes it's the coil lift and I ordered the High Rock 4x4 High Access bumper

- aaron

Look forward to pics and have fun. WOL did some write ups on lift installs you might want to check out. I remember reading about disconnecting something else up front. you should read threw them there are some good tips for you in there.

Great thought. Thanks

- aaron

Sure , you can find vids on some of the lift kit installs from the manufacture also utube the manufacture name and lift kit install.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yea I can't wait to flex the new suspension on my next wheeling trip.

- aaron

Sure , you can find vids on some of the lift kit installs from the manufacture also utube the manufacture name and lift kit install.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes this is true. I remember seeing a Rough Country video on YouTube Installing this lift. I just gave you some light instructions. I didn't go into detail, just giving you a little info!

Post pics when done!

I'll for sure have some before and after shots up this weekend.

- aaron

Ok. So I just watched the TeraFlex installation video for the 2.5" lift and they made it seem like you can't put that lift on unless you first install the exhaust spacers. Is this true?

- aaron

Sorry just saw the RC above. Exhaust spacers yes...but may just want to hve a exhaust shop so the work. Cleaner and.more dependable. Cost me 60 bucks.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using WAYALIFE mobile app

could I install the lift and just not disconnect? Until I get the exhaust spacers?

- aaron

Top Bottom