Leveling without a spacer kit... just springs? Mojave springs?

human1391

Ok cool. How about this. We know for a fact a 1” spacer will give you 1” more. We don’t know that some factory junk springs you have in a corner, someone gave you, will work. Which one will you chose? That’s the point people have been trying to get you to understand. The majority of us have been through this, which is why we explained that the spacer is a sure thing. Good luck and once again, let us know how it turns out. (y)
With all due respect onlyone... I fully understand that point but it is just not what I asked. Beleive me I have taken your passion about spacers to heart and I will be happy to eat my words if this doesn't workout. The fact of the matter is these are not some junk springs, I'm being specific about the spring in question and I am looking to see if anyone has experience. I was not looking for your opinion on spacers or my situation, I was looking for feedback from folks like benatc1 and WJCO who have actually responded to my question and not just provided an opinion.

WJCO

Meme King
With all due respect onlyone... I fully understand that point but it is just not what I asked. Beleive me I have taken your passion about spacers to heart and I will be happy to eat my words if this doesn't workout. The fact of the matter is these are not some junk springs, I'm being specific about the spring in question and I am looking to see if anyone has experience. I was not looking for your opinion on spacers or my situation, I was looking for feedback from folks like benatc1 and WJCO who have actually responded to my question and not just provided an opinion.
What if you win the accuair giveaway?

onlyone

I gave you no opinion. I said multiple times we have been through this. You are being obstinate. We have no passion about spacers, just trying to help you not make more work for yourself than need be.

human1391

I gave you no opinion. I said multiple times we have been through this. You are being obstinate. We have no passion about spacers, just trying to help you not make more work for yourself than need be.
Could you please point me towards a thread discussing the efficacy of Mojave coils as a low budget leveling option? Because I couldn't find that and hence my post. Unless you have some knowledge that directly compares the specific springs I am asking about to spacers then you haven't really been through anything relevant to my original post.

human1391

It's about a 3 hour job (if that) to swap out those springs, it takes a jack, a lug wrench, wrenches/sockets to take out 1 shock bolt on each side, and a spring compressor. Just try it already.
Thanks, I will... this thread is only a few hours old, I haven't gotten off from work yet.

Then I guess my junk springs will stay in their corner ; ) Probably, won't do spacers either...lmao.
In that case I strongly recommend mounting lead (or other heavy material) weights on the corners of the Jeep which are too high. This seems to solve the problem since then you don't need to install springs or spacers.

JimLee

Hooked
Thanks, I will... this thread is only a few hours old, I haven't gotten off from work yet.
If you have 2 floor jacks you may be able to droop one side of the axle enough that you don't even need a spring compressor, but it helps with that last couple of inches if your brake/abs lines start limiting the droop.

benatc1

Hooked
Not to throw gas on the fire, but Just keep this in mind. I believe the Mojave springs are a pretty soft rate, they are designed to work in conjunction with the 2.5 ibp and hydraulic bumps, you may find the springs, Which collectively they feel amazing, aren’t quite what you’re looking for. You may or may not get the “level” you want and your ride might be funky. I’d say they are softer than a rubicon spring but not sure about standard springs on sports/Overland. Just so something to consider, but really only 1 way to actually find out.

human1391

Not to throw gas on the fire, but Just keep this in mind. I believe the Mojave springs are a pretty soft rate, they are designed to work in conjunction with the 2.5 ibp and hydraulic bumps, you may find the springs, Which collectively they feel amazing, aren’t quite what you’re looking for. You may or may not get the “level” you want and your ride might be funky. I’d say they are softer than a rubicon spring but not sure about standard springs on sports/Overland. Just so something to consider, but really only 1 way to actually find out.
I think throwing gas on fires is good for business, what do you think @wayoflife ? I've read similar but opposite, I saw a thread saying the Mojave springs were firmer. But like you said, only one way to find out. My plan is to swap in the springs maybe this weekend and if they give me the height i am looking for I would consider getting the Mojave shocks as well. I think the kids these day call that an OEM+ setup?

benatc1

Hooked
I think throwing gas on fires is good for business, what do you think @wayoflife ? I've read similar but opposite, I saw a thread saying the Mojave springs were firmer. But like you said, only one way to find out. My plan is to swap in the springs maybe this weekend and if they give me the height i am looking for I would consider getting the Mojave shocks as well. I think the kids these day call that an OEM+ setup?
Either way, and I don’t really care. If you went with the full Mojave set up you’d be happy, might have some fitment issues with the front shocks, I believe tower is a little different and I know upper bolt is a different size so I’d confirm all of that before spending the money.

human1391

Thanks man, do you know if its removable or if there is a part number associated with it? Ive been trying to identify this but i cant tell from pictures online...

human1391

Well, not exactly. I am trying to confirm what these guys are saying. If its true then my plan wont work out... but this is the type if info i was looking for when i posted. You know, despite how knowledgable some of us are, we dont always have something to contribute, and thats OK.

human1391

This hasn't exactly been a warm welcome, not from some of you. I think i very politely pointed out that although some folks made very valid points i was not looking to be persuaded in a different direction. I just wanted to see if anyone had experience with what i was asking about. Thankfully, some people did and i got some valuable information from this thread. But, yes i am feeling quite salty.

human1391

For anyone who cares to know, the above mentioned spacer appears to be part of the hydraulic bump stop body best i can tell...

Top Bottom