Letters from the dealer ?

jk4x4wrangler

So I have been getting these pho hand written letters from the dealer I bought my 2008 JK sport from seemingly begging to buy my Jeep back. The letter ensures me I will get a top dollar generous offer for my vehicle regardless as to wether I purchase something. Here's my dilemma;
1. Is this some sort of stealership scam? My rig is almost paid off ( 2 more payments) so once thats done I'm free and clear. I have a lot a sweat equity in to this Jeep, it's my first brand new vehicle and I did all the work on it with some help from a few friends, so it has some sentimental value and Im not sure I'll get a good offer.

2. My wife and I recently had a baby. As some of you may (or may not know) a baby seat does not fit well in the back seat of a 2 door JK. (Shocker) :bleh: I had planned on looking into a subrau as commuter car/ family car for the kid and use my JK as a weekend/ fun vehicle and do a slow build with it. But now I'm thinking maybe I should look into this offer, get a JKU and start building that. (That will be a slow roll).

What do you guys think? I'm pretty torn here.

FYI I have about 105k miles on my JK as of now.

Any advice insight would be appreciated

I would give them a call. Dealerships have been offering top dollar on used JK's and I think you'll be surprised at how much they'll offer you. Either way, you can always say no if it's a bum deal.

Like Eddy said, give it a shot. See what they will do. and I've been looking into Used and New JKs, and I'm going New, because the used are going for almost as much as new..

Like Eddy said, give it a shot. See what they will do. and I've been looking into Used and New JKs, and I'm going New, because the used are going for almost as much as new..

Seems dealers are hot to give deals in any way, shape, or form recently. It's been mentioned in the financial news that the auto industry may be headed off the same cliff as houses did recently with all the sub-par loans being handed out. But used Jeeps in general are going for top dollar. I just recently traded in my Grand Cherokee and they gave me 2x blue book value on it. Granted this is when buying a new JKUR so the dealer got significant kickbacks from Chrysler, it would be different for buying a used Jeep, but even still, you should get top dollar. It certainly wouldn't hurt to talk to them.

Whatever you do, make sure you know the real value of your Jeep before taking it in to trade and know the cost of any repairs they would need to make, and how much any modifications you've made will be of value to them (they can sell at a premium because it's "cool" with the lift and bumpers).

Also consider how good your credit is, unless you are paying cash. If your bank or credit union will loan you the money, you will get a better rate than dealer sourced financing. Possibly even be able to negotiate the financing with them for a better rate still.

Tell me about it I'm so pist that I pay this price if I knew before I wil get a rubi
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366735729.611006.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366735751.397194.jpg

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

If they offer me something I take it iven do if I brake even or I get a lil for me I sell it and get a 4 door rubi :)

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

What?

You paid $21 for your JK? Did you buy it recently? Isn't it an 07?

yea before I was thinking the price it was ok but now that I look for a 13 rubi is 34 im like wtf
i got it on November 24 2012 its a 08 ullimited X
i got scam lol

yea before I was thinking the price it was ok but now that I look for a 13 rubi is 34 im like wtf
i got it on November 24 2012 its a 08 ullimited X
i got scam lol

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: I paid less then that for my 2012 in July. It was brand spanking new with 23 miles on it.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: I paid less then that for my 2012 in July. It was brand spanking new with 23 miles on it.

what!!!! really or just u just f with me?

dam my stomach now.
where di u got it?

im free today i will go to the dealer and see what can i do, maybe i can trade in and have something better for the end of the day :)

what!!!! really or just u just f with me?

dam my stomach now.
where di u got it?

im free today i will go to the dealer and see what can i do, maybe i can trade in and have something better for the end of the day :)

No I'm not screwing with you. I paid under $20k for mine.

Well the one you are looking at (red one) is lifted. They jack up the prices for those.

I also do not have power windows or locks. In fact I don't even have AC. The only option mine came with was 3.73 gears instead of the 3.21's.

aye is better than my 08 x

i got my '11 sport band new with 5 miles on it for just under 20,000 as well. sadly i dont have power windows or locks like Overlander does so he got the better deal here lol

so i got scam big time.
im really stomach sick now

when i got i was thinking i got it cheap till this morning

Top Bottom