Let’s see those Tools and Tool Boxes!!

WJCO

Meme King
Getting ready to add a room on. This little tool is so badass. I wished I had one years ago.

DSC09124.JPG

Getting ready to add a room on. This little tool is so badass. I wished I had one years ago.

View attachment 357550

Dude. No kidding. It was always one of those tools I never paid much attention to cause I have others that can accomplish the same thing.
Until I finally broke down and snagged one. I use that fucker all the time for a ton of random little jobs around the house.

WJCO

Meme King
Dude. No kidding. It was always one of those tools I never paid much attention to cause I have others that can accomplish the same thing.
Until I finally broke down and snagged one. I use that fucker all the time for a ton of random little jobs around the house.

Exactly what happened to me. I saw this for years and thought 'I don't really need that.' I had a buddy who was a professional general contractor but did a lot of work himself along with his guys and he told me (about a year ago) that he used that tool more than any other. I just picked one up a few weeks ago and realized how much faster I could have accomplished shit for over a decade, lol.

p38

Caught the Bug
How many people remember using these ?
View attachment 357478
View attachment 357479

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I remember them well. Using them was like playing oil roulette - your options were: punch through the cardboard, it would fall out of the can when you went to pour because it wasn't locked in, or - by some miracle - it actually worked. I don't have pictures, but do you remember the old school refillable glass bottles or the filler can with the hinged spout that would not stay up - and when it dropped down the oil would spill out over everything?
My grandparents had a General Store, Gas Station, Bar and Restaurant dating back to the 30's. They passed away in the mid 60's and the properties were sold. I was only about 10 or so but my cousin and I managed to salvage some of the old "crap". He still has the bulk tank with the hand pumps to fill the glass bottles and cans; I have the 1925 Wayne 515 Visible gas pump.
IMG_2894.jpg

JKbrick

I remember them well. Using them was like playing oil roulette - your options were: punch through the cardboard, it would fall out of the can when you went to pour because it wasn't locked in, or - by some miracle - it actually worked. I don't have pictures, but do you remember the old school refillable glass bottles or the filler can with the hinged spout that would not stay up - and when it dropped down the oil would spill out over everything?
My grandparents had a General Store, Gas Station, Bar and Restaurant dating back to the 30's. They passed away in the mid 60's and the properties were sold. I was only about 10 or so but my cousin and I managed to salvage some of the old "crap". He still has the bulk tank with the hand pumps to fill the glass bottles and cans; I have the 1925 Wayne 515 Visible gas pump.
View attachment 357652

I don’t remember glass bottles but I remember seeing the cans with the hinged spout. That pump is awesome, I think those were made here in Ft Wayne

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

p38

Caught the Bug
I don’t remember glass bottles but I remember seeing the cans with the hinged spout. That pump is awesome, I think those were made here in Ft Wayne

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

The glass bottles were shaped like oversized Coke bottles and had a tapered spout that screwed on and off. You unscrewed the top, put the bottle under the spout of the dispenser and cranked the handle - filling the bottle and spilling oil down the sides of the bottle and all over the top of the holding tank. There was a screen under the spot where you put the bottle to allow the overflow to drain back into the tank, along with all the dirt, dead bugs, etc which had accumulated on the screen. My grandparents had long-since abandoned the tank system and gone to the cardboard cans - but my cousin and I would recycle the old oil left in the tank to lubricate our bicycles, toys, whatever we deemed in need of oil. How were we supposed to know Barbie's car, and EasyBake Oven doors do not routinely require oil?

I believe you are correct regarding the pump. I have all the original signs and dataplates - it's restoration is on my list of retirement projects. There was another smaller version of that pump which dispensed white gas - that unfortunately disappeared from my uncle's barn.

Elroy231

View attachment 357652
Thats a nice score! Very cool.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

p38

Caught the Bug
offset extentions

Here's a pair of 3/8 off-set extensions I picked up back in the 70's. No manufacturer's marks, and I have never seen anymore like them. They have proven to be quite handy in tight spots.

IMG_2939.jpg IMG_2940.jpg IMG_2941.jpg

Top Bottom