led headlights

With the price drop, I would love to switch to the heated this year, but think I will push it off another year and just keep running my standard trucklites.

I bought the heated when they first came out. Ran into some issues with them not heating and had to get both covered under warranty. No issues with the warranty other than me telling them I needed both lights and they only sent one. It was easily cleared up. I recommend the heated. Here is how mine heated (not heating) looked after only an hour drive View attachment 235224

Sent from my XT1254 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hmmm... well here's one for the pro column with living in Louisiana. Louisiana is still behind though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_1166.jpg

Thought you guys would like to see this pic of my KC headlights and fogs. This was after about an hour and a half of driving. 34 degrees and snowing, super slushy. I would definitely do heated headlights if I lived in a area that got snow on a regular basis.

Heated trucklites get my vote! I upgraded last summer and this is my first winter with them and watching these things melt off the ice and the visibility you get from these are awesome

Dopey

So follow up on these head lights... with temperatures at around 5 degrees to about 28 with freezing rain and snow they are amazing and compared to the stock headlights that would get a build up of ice and poor visibility I'd make this purchase over again without hesitation

Dopey

This is true, but I am lazy lol. Also really curious about the new KC gravity pro headlights

Just got the KC gravity pro (3 months ago) There amazing compared to stock. I've never tested any other aftermarket headlight but I'm thoroughly impressed. I'm able to utilize my high beam where I live on my morning commute for about 1/4 of it. I used my little brothers 50" led bar on his tj and these headlight high beams where nearly as bright, yet much more controlled. The low beams have a perfect cutoff and have never been flashed by oncoming traffic. The color is not blue, yet very white and natural like (little blue near the cutoff) IMG_3323.JPGIMG_3324.JPGHaven't used them in winter like conditions (from NH, live in MS now) but I would say since they don't get warm, they would act similar to stock when it comes to winter buildup. Hope this helps!

I think any of the main manufacturers are a wonderful upgrade. One of the best upgrades in my opinion. I run the truck lites, so I would say the heated ones

In Canada I would not recommend the TruckLite product unless it's been changed in the last year substantially. The TL product comes with the option of buying an anti-flicker harness (For added money that doesn't come in the box ) that still dies because of the pulse width modulation of the Canadian modified jeep low beam for daytime running lights.

I ended up having to purchase a ProCal to fix the issue as it was burning up harnesses. 4WP knows about the issue, I phoned TL and they pretty much ignored me and my complaints - wasn't impressed.

I would personally recommend the JWs but I've never seen the Rigid or KC product in action and the heated option sounds amazing for Calgary. I'd still have to clean though as the de-icing spray covers and dries on the headlights so it still gets opaque after a while.

In Canada I would not recommend the TruckLite product unless it's been changed in the last year substantially. The TL product comes with the option of buying an anti-flicker harness (For added money that doesn't come in the box ) that still dies because of the pulse width modulation of the Canadian modified jeep low beam for daytime running lights.

I ended up having to purchase a ProCal to fix the issue as it was burning up harnesses. 4WP knows about the issue, I phoned TL and they pretty much ignored me and my complaints - wasn't impressed.

I would personally recommend the JWs but I've never seen the Rigid or KC product in action and the heated option sounds amazing for Calgary. I'd still have to clean though as the de-icing spray covers and dries on the headlights so it still gets opaque after a while.

Lol the rigid product is the truck lites. Truck lite purchased rigid over a year ago and had the heated version way before the purchase.

Lol the rigid product is the truck lites. Truck lite purchased rigid over a year ago and had the heated version way before the purchase.

If so, again, not useful for Canada.

Seizure lighting followed by failure is undesirable.

It seems there's pretty massive consolidation in this market lately amongst parts suppliers - hard to keep track of who owns who now... nonetheless, I still stand by my statement that TL was a crappy purchase for me. Rivals my RR gas cover that peeled in 1.5 years.

In fact, makes me question the Ridgid brand in a few years once TL management makes the changes every company insists on to conform to "corporate culture."

Last edited:

You do realize there's an easy solution to this..
Just don't drive with your headlights on auto - or off.
The lowbeam output is the same in DRL, you only have the PWM issue when they are not turned on.
I've had them for a year and had none of these issues.

Top Bottom