Learned I Can Do 180's At 50 mph on 37's and Not Flip

jesse3638

Hooked
Last night while running to Target to pick up some forgotten items I was in an accident. While entering the left turn lane a tow truck decided he also wanted to enter it as well. His driver side front tire contacted my passenger rear and the impact spun me around so I was facing opposing traffic. Fortunately we were both ok and the only damage seemed to be my flat tire (should be replaced by Discount tire certificate today). I thought for sure I'd have at least ended up on my side being on 4" of lift and 37's. Not sure if running Full Traction's CRC link instead of a rear track bar helped but I'm glad that I'm ok and there is no major damage.

jesse3638

Hooked
Well now you have to see what your threshold is.
I bet you can do 55mph.

seriously though , glad no one was hurt.
Well the speed limit on that stretch of road on actually 60...haha. Yeah me to and no reports or insurance claims either. Super lucky

Spazbyt

Hooked
Glad to hear all is well! Getting PIT maneuvered and ending up relatively unscathed is a pretty BA achievement on the bright side.

jesse3638

Hooked
Glad to hear all is well! Getting PIT maneuvered and ending up relatively unscathed is a pretty BA achievement on the bright side.
Haha yeah I always heard not to brake. Just lifted and steered into the spin. The only thing which would have been better is if I had thrown in into reverse and snapped the front end back around.

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks everyone. Yeah definitely a pucker moment. Then the fun part wax trying g to get turned around in wrong way traffic...haha

jesse3638

Hooked
Damn, glad you're OK and hell yeah bring it to Discount for those certs!
Yep I did that yesterday. They didn't believe the story...haha. $62 and it'll be here friday
Cop move > firefighter move
Yes this time...haha.
Sucks that happened, but glad you are ok and with minimal damage to the Jeep.
Damn man! Glad you’re alright!
Thanks. It really could habe been a lot worse

Top Bottom